Our three point shooters | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Our three point shooters

Buddy is the only one who I would consider a “great” 3 point shooter.
The problem with playing Buddy and Joe together is there games too similar. Buddy's efficiency number are great because he is playing his natural position 2G.

Joe is doing a great job in a tough position, but he is more efficient off the ball, I bet his caught and shoot 3pt percentage is in the 38-40% range i.e. Buddy's percentages.

But as a PG he is getting tougher shots and is asked to do things he never had to do in his career (you don't score 50pts a game and get other involved in HS...it's 32 min game he was taking most of the shots)

We need a true PG who is a very good at the top of the zone and can get down hill, Buddy and Joe's minutes should be split where each one gets 25-30mins, but they are only on the court together 10+mins.

UNC got wide open looks by moving the ball around with quick passes. 25 assists for the tar heels.

dot com article today seems to hint that we have had many off games the last few months. How many off games are needed to change the narrative?

The problem with playing Buddy and Joe together is there games too similar. Buddy's efficiency number are great because he is playing his natural position 2G.

Joe is doing a great job in a tough position, but he is more efficient off the ball, I bet his caught and shoot 3pt percentage is in the 38-40% range i.e. Buddy's percentages.

But as a PG he is getting tougher shots and is asked to do things he never had to do in his career (you don't score 50pts a game and get other involved in HS...it's 32 min game he was taking most of the shots)

We need a true PG who is a very good at the top of the zone and can get down hill, Buddy and Joe's minutes should be split where each one gets 25-30mins, but they are only on the court together 10+mins.

He isn't getting tougher shots because he is a point guard, he's taking tougher shots with 26 seconds left in the shot because he's a chucker.

dot com article today seems to hint that we have had many off games the last few months. How many off games are needed to change the narrative?
i haven't pulled the stats but JB said in the PP that "last ten or twelve games we're shooting 25% or less"
common sense might dictate you make some changes. but knowing his job is safe he'll keep on chucking.

Last edited:
I would like to see numbers go Joe's three point % on catch and shoots compared to off the dribble

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom