Our worst lost since.. | Syracusefan.com

Our worst lost since..

cuseguy

Living Legend
losing to Hopkins 17-9 in 2007.

SU finished 5-8 that year and missed the tourney. Obviously.

Too soon to write off the season. That being said, something needs to be done about the problems at X. Think Desko can push through the elimination of the FO before the end of the season? ;)

Too soon to write off the season. That being said, something needs to be done about the problems at X. Think Desko can push through the elimination of the FO before the end of the season? ;)

Unfortunately we have been saying something needs to be done at the X for nearly six seasons now, at this point unless Paduda or Demarco are the answer its going to be more of the same. Desko better come up with something because hes going to force Gross's hand at some point to demand changes.

Unfortunately we have been saying something needs to be done at the X for nearly six seasons now, at this point unless Paduda or Demarco are the answer its going to be more of the same. Desko better come up with something because hes going to force Gross's hand at some point to demand changes.
I just don't get it. I even asked Dave the question in the chat. He didn't seem to be able to understand it either. 6 years is a long time - just according to the law of averages you would think we would have one decent guy. And that's all I am looking for - decent. Decent would seem like a gift from God at this point. And we're just so far from decent. Oh Lord

I just don't get it. I even asked Dave the question in the chat. He didn't seem to be able to understand it either. 6 years is a long time - just according to the law of averages you would think we would have one decent guy. And that's all I am looking for - decent. Decent would seem like a gift from God at this point. And we're just so far from decent. Oh Lord

Its all about recruiting, there was no one on the team after Brennan graduated but we had a couple guys who were around 50 were able to hold there own ie Moulton, Thompson etc. Once Daddio and Buhr were brought in (two AA's by the way) we stopped recruiting the position again assuming those two would do the job. Unfortunately they have been mediocore to downright awful. Look at the the last 3 years (not counting this fall) of who Syracuse brought in to compete at the X. Pequiney, Paduda, and Conroy. 2 of those 3 aren't even with the program. Only this year did we actually recruit the position unfortunately Iacono hasn't gotten much run, Paduda is hurt, and Demarco for some unknown reason hasn't seen any run despite huge numbers in Highschool. The reason the status quo has remained the same for 6 years is because we lumped all our eggs into the Daddio and Buhr basket and they have been a disaster.

Just face it Desko is not a good coach...He's had so much talent gift wrapped to him over the years that almost every coach would have won numerous tittles.

The FO circle is taken much more seriously by other programs. when you can take a football player and coach him up to win 65% of face offs you know your S&C has taken a back seat.

retro44 said:
Just face it Desko is not a good coach...He's had so much talent gift wrapped to him over the years that almost every coach would have won numerous tittles. The FO circle is taken much more seriously by other programs. when you can take a football player and coach him up to win 65% of face offs you know your S&C has taken a back seat.

Desko has become a better coach. That was alluded to in the chat the other night. He has to coach more now. The game has become more sophisticated. You can't just roll out the ball like he used to. But I think he's clearly underestimated our problems at the X and thought that Daddio had made the necessary changes to be effective this year. Clearly he was wrong.

Just face it Desko is not a good coach...He's had so much talent gift wrapped to him over the years that almost every coach would have won numerous tittles.

The FO circle is taken much more seriously by other programs. when you can take a football player and coach him up to win 65% of face offs you know your S&C has taken a back seat.

I am going to disagree with your statement that Coach Desko is not a good coach. There is no way, no matter how much talent one has, you can win the titles he has without being a top notch coach. If talent only won titles, UNC and their annual #1 recruiting class would be playing on Memorial Day on a regular basis. Guess what, they haven't been to the final four in 20 years. As for talent being gift wrapped, please expand on this. I am curious what talent was gift wrapped for him? Mike Powell, Kenny Nims, Tim Desko, maybe a couple others were likely to go to SU. Beyond that who was gift wrapped?

I am going to disagree with your statement that Coach Desko is not a good coach. There is no way, no matter how much talent one has, you can win the titles he has without being a top notch coach. If talent only won titles, UNC and their annual #1 recruiting class would be playing on Memorial Day on a regular basis. Guess what, they haven't been to the final four in 20 years. As for talent being gift wrapped, please expand on this. I am curious what talent was gift wrapped for him? Mike Powell, Kenny Nims, Tim Desko, maybe a couple others were likely to go to SU. Beyond that who was gift wrapped?

if you moved back into town maybe you would get the pulse of area coaches....my younger brother until very recently was a area high school ref. (knees)

Six nation players are all gift wrapped to S.U.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom