Out of Towners - your future road games | Syracusefan.com

Out of Towners - your future road games

VaSaltine

Starter
With the ACC move, which program is now your "home" campus for catching 'cuse games on the road? Me, UVa...but Md (this year) Va Tech, UNC, NC St, and Wake are all very doable. Today is a great day!

Clemson is roughly an hour away, WF 2.5, GT 3 and the triangle 4. Looks like I am going to try and get to the GT game next season and maybe the NCST game as well.

This is why I thought the ACC was always a better fit than the BiG.

SU has more fans / alums along the I-95 corridor than the Midwest.

FSU...1 1/2 hrs
Ga Tech...5-6 hrs
Clemson...7-8 hrs

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Definitely headed to FSU and Georgia Tech. I'll have to decide on whether or not I want to deal with the NC State fans.

SU is coming to Atlanta!!! :) and they'd better play well, b/c as a crossover game it'll be years before they're back here again :mad:

can't believe SU is 0-6 against NC State - that has got to get fixed this season

UVA -- 45 minutes
Va. Tech -- 2 hours (give or take)
Maryland -- 2 hours (give or take)

Probably do Maryland, and will make the trek to NC state this upcoming season. It's about four hours, but definitely doable.

I am seriously thinking about going to the UMD game this year. Wished they stayed, but only for that reason, otherwise, they could flush college park down for all i care.

Well I'm in BIG country here in Iowa. But my family moved to Salisbury, NC a few years back. My cousin (who is stationed in Hawaii) and i have already discussed maybe going to NC State.

Also I have a dish!t buddy from college that lives in VA and is a big VA Tech fan, I'm sure I'll fly in or a game there sometime as well.

Talk about a sore subject. MD would have been great. After that it's charlottesville but I really don't know that I"m making a 3 hour drive for that one. Probably Boston, to be perfectly honest -- fun city, decent rivalry-type game, plenty of buddies in the town. I'll probably also take the the train to NYC and sit outside MSG in March just out of habit.

MD. Other than that, it's a hike.

I know a guy who has a fantastic Syracuse meetup group for the Triangle area NC games. I started one in VA last year because obviously tailgating is the most important detail to cover.

All of the North Carolina Schools would be pushing it for me...about 10+ hrs.

Miami is about 8 1/2 hrs...So looks like FSU, Clemson and/or GA Tech for me...That means 2 games for me this coming season, FSU and GA Tech. Maybe Louisville, when they join...though sitll pushing it as they are 9 1/2 from me...

I know a guy who has a fantastic Syracuse meetup group for the Triangle area NC games. I started one in VA last year because obviously tailgating is the most important detail to cover.
Hook me up with him and put me on your VA list. Thanks.

Long time lurker, looking forward to ACC competition. Charlotte is centrally located with Wake being the closest. Future games that will be attended are as follows:

Wake - 1.5 hrs
Clemson - 2 hrs
State, UNC, Duke - 2hrs
Va Tech - 2.5 hrs
Ga Tech - 3 hrs
UVA - 4 hrs (well worth the drive)
L'ville - 5 hrs
UMD - 6 hrs

Those are the most probable. Really want to get to Tallahassee but the 7-8 hour drive may be difficult. Cant wait, and basketball season could be crazy as well.

All of the North Carolina Schools would be pushing it for me...about 10+ hrs.

Miami is about 8 1/2 hrs...So looks like FSU, Clemson and/or GA Tech for me...That means 2 games for me this coming season, FSU and GA Tech. Maybe Louisville, when they join...though sitll pushing it as they are 9 1/2 from me...

whoa! I'm not knocking you for this, but you'd drive 9.5 hrs to watch us play l'ville in football? That is dedication my friend. I'm nowhere near that good a fan.

Cal or Stanford. :D

Most convenient would actually be GT probably, direct flight to ATL.

Md 1.5 hrs
Va 1.5 hrs
Vt 2.5 hrs
Pitt 3 hrs
Nc schools 4-5 hrs
Clemson 7 hrs
Gt 10 hrs
SU 7 hrs

whoa! I'm not knocking you for this, but you'd drive 9.5 hrs to watch us play l'ville in football? That is dedication my friend. I'm nowhere near that good a fan.

once a year, 9.5 hour drive. Id kill to be able to do that.