Out of Towners - your future road games | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Out of Towners - your future road games

whoa! I'm not knocking you for this, but you'd drive 9.5 hrs to watch us play l'ville in football? That is dedication my friend. I'm nowhere near that good a fan.

Probably not...Louisville and Miami are the only other schools under 10 hrs from me...

BC is the closest campus to my home. Syracuse is next. I really wouldn't mind it if Doc Gross signed on for a home and away against Army, but I think those days are long gone (and the world is not better off for it).

ATLANTA, GA MOTHER F*****R'S!!!!

:rolling: :):):rolling:

Yes, I'm on 81 south of Winchester near Strasburg
One of my drive bys when active in going up to Syracuse from NJ. My favoirite stretch was thr rte380connection between th80 and81 at Scranton. The 380 had no police presense and is flat straight Made for 90+mph My big Buick opped 100 a couple times with no effort. Of course quality tires and a dry surface are mandated. The mileage door to door was 225 miles. I loved making the trip under four hours consistently . I only got bagged once on rte 80. Damn laser hit.

I'm in Durham, so NC State is 20 minutes from the house. All of the other road games are pretty doable for me. Hell, I went to Tulane via Cincinnati a couple years ago. Road trips rule. The Dragon is coming soon.

Very sore subject. Instead of 15 minutes, it will be almost 5 hours to Pitt until Louisville (80 minutes) comes aboard. Arrgh.

Yes, I'm on 81 south of Winchester near Strasburg
Your not that far from me either. I am in Hagerstown, MD area. I was wondering as well, as your numbers are similar to mine.

I'm in Durham, so NC State is 20 minutes from the house. All of the other road games are pretty doable for me. Hell, I went to Tulane via Cincinnati a couple years ago. Road trips rule. The Dragon is coming soon.

I am in Pinehurst. I will go to anything within a six hour drive.

All you NC living people suk! My best friend just moved from Fulton to Charlote. He'll go to almost as many games as he did when he had season tix. :mad:

All you NC living people suk! My best friend just moved from Fulton to Charlote. He'll go to almost as many games as he did when he had season tix. :mad:

All of these road games are an easy trip from NC. Virginia Beach to Syracuse when I had seasons was harder than the ACC away schedule is for me.

Cal or Stanford. :D

Most convenient would actually be GT probably, direct flight to ATL.

Ha yeah it's USC for me. Hope we can renew that series, book UCLA, or hell even SD st.

Would have been Maryland. Love DelMarVa and get there as often as possible. Probably going to be BC now as I have family in Boston, thus its a cheap trip...

But now that I have season tickets beginning this season, for a few years at least, I think I am just going to enjoy getting up to the Dome for a few games a year.

Very sore subject. Instead of 15 minutes, it will be almost 5 hours to Pitt until Louisville (80 minutes) comes aboard. Arrgh.

Atlanta is probably 6 or so from Cincinnati, right? I don't know if this will make you feel any better or not.

This year it'll be 1 game at the dome, probably Northwestern, GA Tech and possibly FSU.

It looks like I'll be switching between FSU in odd years and Clemson & Wake in even years.

Georgia Tech - 0:47
Clemson - 1:53
Wake Forest - 5:01
FSU - 5:39
Duke - 6:05
UNC - 6:06
NC State - 6:21
VPI - 6:22
UVa - 8:15
Pitt - 10:30
UMD - 10:50
Miami - 11:22
BCU - 18:22

UVa is probably my limit (a bit further than USF @ 7:27). I've driven to see the Gators as well (6:19).

I'm in Richmond so UVA is about an hour. But like others have said Raleigh/Durham is very doable as is the DC area.

G
With the ACC move, which program is now your "home" campus for catching 'cuse games on the road? Me, UVa...but Md (this year) Va Tech, UNC, NC St, and Wake are all very doable. Today is a great day!
gtech is 15 minutes from my house and next door to my office. Ecstatic to have cuse in town year 1.

Long time lurker, looking forward to ACC competition. Charlotte is centrally located with Wake being the closest. Future games that will be attended are as follows:

Wake - 1.5 hrs
Clemson - 2 hrs
State, UNC, Duke - 2hrs
Va Tech - 2.5 hrs
Ga Tech - 3 hrs
UVA - 4 hrs (well worth the drive)
L'ville - 5 hrs
UMD - 6 hrs

Those are the most probable. Really want to get to Tallahassee but the 7-8 hour drive may be difficult. Cant wait, and basketball season could be crazy as well.
I guess I'm going to retire to Charlotte! :)