Outscored 40-5 in the 2nd Half | Syracusefan.com

Outscored 40-5 in the 2nd Half

The 5 plays just as much into this. Our time of possession was non existent.

Oh I know but you don't think to key on Swofford at all the whole game? What QB run was actually challenged?

Yeah it was ugly. I will give their QB and tight end props, they both exploited matchups and coverages. I swear # 85 caught everything thrown his way. Mahoney put enough points on the board for a win. It looked like our defense made zero adjustments...that's the most confusing aspect...I won't bash them as they have played well in most games this year but today they just didn't show...at all and the staff did not seem to adjust...on to next week...2 games left...let's see what happens

Injuries in our secondary hurt us today. Frederick and Scoop can only do so much.

Ill be the first to say though, was disappointed a bit in Slayton and Bennett. This L is not on them but I dont think they brought it today.

Hey Ward you actually at the game tonight?

This type of comment cracks me up. Do you and others actually see what happens on the field of play before blaming Ward (and I hate the Tampa 2)

The players made so many fundamental mistakes today it was laughable. Zaire was MIA and the safeties are killing us. Lots of defensive personnel blame to go around. Wake exploited matchup problems against kids lacking talent and or athletIc ability ie speed.

This type of comment cracks me up. Do you and others actually see what happens on the field of play before blaming Ward (and I hate the Tampa 2)

The players made so many fundamental mistakes today it was laughable. Zaire was MIA and the safeties are killing us. Lots of defensive personnel blame to go around. Wake exploited matchup problems against kids lacking talent and or athletIc ability ie speed.
Whose job is it to get those players to play YOUR Tampa 2 without screwing it up? Ward took himself out of consideration for assistant of the year.

Whose job is it to get those players to play YOUR Tampa 2 without screwing it up? Ward took himself out of consideration for assistant of the year.

They haven’t screwed it up all year. But when a MLB can’t cover the middle or guys aren’t fast enough to get to the edge. Well things break down.

It's not funny that their QB was uncovered for 98% of the game. It wasn't that he ran for first downs it was that nobody was even around.

It's not funny that their QB was uncovered for 98% of the game. It wasn't that he ran for first downs it was that nobody was even around.

Agreed. Twice I watched Alton Robinson get sucked in and lose contain.

Think Coleman got hurt again and didn’t play most of the game either. Would have to double check that but he was out of the game early for a bit.

2nd game in a row our backers were MIA

Reactions: CIL
Agreed. Twice I watched Alton Robinson get sucked in and lose contain.

Think Coleman got hurt again and didn’t play most of the game either. Would have to double check that but he was out of the game early for a bit.

2nd game in a row our backers were MIA
Couldn’t see the game, blacked out on sling in Atlanta.

I wonder if the D is physically worn down. Not enough depth, injuries, playing hard against good competition. Can lead to breakdowns in mental game, etc. motley crew at DE, not surprised to hear we played RPO badly.

Some weeks we’ll have it, some not, until we have real depth. Not there yet. Might not have enough in the tank to finish it out.

Like 2011 again.

They haven’t screwed it up all year. But when a MLB can’t cover the middle or guys aren’t fast enough to get to the edge. Well things break down.
Alabama is finding that out tonight. Without 4 of their LB's the back-ups aren't getting the job and good chance they get beat tonight.

What was with the 3 deep bombs when we had a 43 40 lead? That was odd.

Trying to catch a young secondary off guard. Awful playcalling when short and mid range plays were working all afternoon. Babers and Sean Lewis lost it in the second half.

Trying to catch a young secondary off guard. Awful playcalling when short and mid range plays were working all afternoon. Babers and Sean Lewis lost it in the second half.
I hate to say it but this is the second game in a row he's coached a poor game...

That doesn't mean he's the guy or I'm a hater... I love Dino he's the best thing that happened to this program. But the facts are IMO he has coached very poorly two straight games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom