Over Under Broyld, snaps on Friday night | Syracusefan.com

Over Under Broyld, snaps on Friday night

Can't make the O/U 10. You'll have 90% take the under

O/U should be maybe 5 and I'll still take the under

0, and I've seen nothing in his limited play to make me all that upset if that's the case.

If the coaches hasn't hyped him up I doubt anyone would really care.

He's the Mookie Jones of SU football.

0, and I've seen nothing in his limited play to make me all that upset if that's the case.

Oh it's the coaches who hyped him? Are you saying they aren't good evaluators of talent and potential?

Oh it's the coaches who hyped him? Are you saying they aren't good evaluators of talent and potential?

All I know is that they talked him up a lot and now he's not playing.

No idea why.

If you set the over/under at 1, I'd still take the under.

AB isn't quarterbacking this team until the bottom completely and totally falls out on the season.

If you set the over/under at 1, I'd still take the under.

AB isn't quarterbacking this team until the bottom completely and totally falls out on the season.
Im sure OP didn't mean QB snaps. He meant touches

they couldn't be more different. jones has a narrow obvious skill but doesn't look the part at all. broyld's versatile and looks the part more than anyone we've had in years.

paul harris would be a better comparison if harris weren't so limited by his height.

the only way you could ignore his greatness in high school is if he's clearly physically limited. (like jones) there aren't any physical limitations

they couldn't be more different. jones has a narrow obvious skill but doesn't look the part at all. broyld's versatile and looks the part more than anyone we've had in years.

paul harris would be a better comparison if harris weren't so limited by his height.

the only way you could ignore his greatness in high school is if he's clearly physically limited. (like jones) there aren't any physical limitations

Yeah, I was just comparing them because both football and hoops fanbases are always clamoring for a guy who never plays, that's all.

I don't watch HS football nor do I follow recruiting much, so I really don't have an opinion on the guy.

Yeah, I was just comparing them because both football and hoops fanbases are always clamoring for a guy who never plays, that's all.

I don't watch HS football nor do I follow recruiting much, so I really don't have an opinion on the guy.
guy looks like he was created in a lab, he has moves, and he threw and ran for a million yards. guys who only watch the nfl might holler that if you superimpose his throwing motion on marinos, it's not as good. i hope he gets a shot next year.

guy looks like he was created in a lab, he has moves, and he threw and ran for a million yards. guys who only watch the nfl might holler that if you superimpose his throwing motion on marinos, it's not as good. i hope he gets a shot next year.

The thing with Broyld that pisses me off, is is they weren't not going to use him this year, why not work him at QB for a year? I don't get it... Now he is just waffling with no position. Kid they get a position and let him grow into it.. He would be tough to take down for sure.. I saw him throw in high school plenty, he looked at least aqequate. I don't think the kid is a wr or a rb but he is a hell of an athlete but right now he had no position.

What is he learning now? How to play with no position? Funny

The thing with Broyld that pisses me off, is is they weren't not going to use him this year, why not work him at QB for a year? I don't get it... Now he is just waffling with no position. Kid they get a position and let him grow into it.. He would be tough to take down for sure.. I saw him throw in high school plenty, he looked at least aqequate. I don't think the kid is a wr or a rb but he is a hell of an athlete but right now he had no position.

What is he learning now? How to play with no position? Funny

i can live with a short term long term tradeoff if you get something in the short term. ok we're stunting his growth as a qb a little but that's fine because he's helping in the hybrid role.

if you're not going to get something short term, have him get ready to play QB.

It appears with his size, strength & atheticism he would be a beast at TE. A position that likely would suit him well, especially if he has legit NFL potential.

This is an example of poor coaching. If this kid is so special why have they not found a position for him to play? Otherwise if you are not oging to use him, redshirt him and don't waste a year of eligibility. If he really isn't that special, then the coaching staff overhyped him, which makes them look like poor evaluators. Either way, this coaching staff continues to make poor decisions not only on game day, but in other areas as well.

i can live with a short term long term tradeoff if you get something in the short term. ok we're stunting his growth as a qb a little but that's fine because he's helping in the hybrid role.

if you're not going to get something short term, have him get ready to play QB.

I don't have a problem with that either, probably not a bad idea for a future QB to learn another position, just to get a better handle on the overall offense. He would only be on the scout team at QB anyway this year.

But what bugs me is that we spent all that time getting him ready, designing plays for him, the last 2 games they've been out the window. Maybe because we had to spend more time creating a goal line package that apparently we didn't have time to install before?

Something just seems really off to me. Maybe this stuff happens everywhere, who knows.

Something just seems really off to me. Maybe this stuff happens everywhere, who knows.
It doesn't happen everywhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom