Over Under Broyld, snaps on Friday night | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Over Under Broyld, snaps on Friday night

As I posted before he should have been redshirted after not playing the 1st half against NW. This team is a mess, it would be better for his development not to play with this group anymore this year. My guess is he won't play, and at this point in the season I'm fine with that.

The thing with Broyld that pisses me off, is is they weren't not going to use him this year, why not work him at QB for a year? I don't get it... Now he is just waffling with no position. Kid they get a position and let him grow into it.. He would be tough to take down for sure.. I saw him throw in high school plenty, he looked at least aqequate. I don't think the kid is a wr or a rb but he is a hell of an athlete but right now he had no position.

What is he learning now? How to play with no position? Funny

If Broyld were to play for another team, what position do you see him at? I just don't know where to put him. If he had hands, WR but...

If Broyld were to play for another team, what position do you see him at? I just don't know where to put him. If he had hands, WR but...
How about those critical, wide sweeps with Smith. Smith is great when he goes mostly straight up the field, but why haven't we seen AB on these?

I'd rather have Broyld suck at QB, than have Nassib suck at QB.

Except one of them doesn't suck at QB.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Except one of them doesn't suck at QB.

Maybe once this year we can see AB throw a tailback option pass & catch the other team off guard. Instead, on Sat., we kept gaining 1-2.5 yards on 1st down to put us in a position where we trying to play for a manageable 3rd down.

Maybe once this year we can see AB throw a tailback option pass & catch the other team off guard. Instead, on Sat., we kept gaining 1-2.5 yards on 1st down to put us in a position where we trying to play for a manageable 3rd down.

I'm down with that.

0, and I've seen nothing in his limited play to make me all that upset if that's the case.

If the coaches hasn't hyped him up I doubt anyone would really care.

He's the Mookie Jones of SU football.

I'm with you Scooch. I see some physical talent of course, but not to the point that people are clamoring about " get this guy the ball!"
I don't know where you got this notion that the coaches hyped him up though. All I've ever heard them do is respond to the litany of questions from media by saying that he is a talented freshman that is learning the ropes. I hardly call that hyping him up.

I have no idea how many snaps (if any) on Friday. What I think will happen though is when the coaches decide to get Broyld into the 'mix', he will have a lower body injury on his first play from scrimmage. That is just how it goes around here. -signed Opus Downer

I love our 2-and-long, let's try to set up 3rd-and-slightly shorter.

I have seen enough of AB on the field this year to know that he could be helping us. He is big, has a good burst and is a shifty runner. Unless he is having non-football issues, I don't get why he isn't getting any plays. One fumble (<cough> Nassib)? If every college coach benched every player who fumbled, there wouldn't be many guys playing.

You won't be seeing him in this offense, no position for him to play. Running plays are up the middle, passing plays are screens or short outs, Tight end over the middle. There isn't anything in the offense to take advantage of his athletic abilities. Better just to go with the people we're playing this year. Just consider this another freshmen that should have redshirted, and didn't because of coaching mistakes.

You won't be seeing him in this offense, no position for him to play. Running plays are up the middle, passing plays are screens or short outs, Tight end over the middle. There isn't anything in the offense to take advantage of his athletic abilities. Better just to go with the people we're playing this year. Just consider this another freshmen that should have redshirted, and didn't because of coaching mistakes.
I see him as a combination of PTG and Smith. He has the quickness and burst of PTG and the size and strength of Smith. I think the running game is more dynamic with him because he can go up the middle or around the end. PTG struggles up the middle and Smith doesn't have the speed to get around the end.

How about those critical, wide sweeps with Smith. Smith is great when he goes mostly straight up the field, but why haven't we seen AB on these?

I've seen AB dance East-West, but he's always tackled for little gain. Note all his big runs have been running North-South. And I would put him behind Smith on this.

I'm with you Scooch. I see some physical talent of course, but not to the point that people are clamoring about " get this guy the ball!"
I don't know where you got this notion that the coaches hyped him up though. All I've ever heard them do is respond to the litany of questions from media by saying that he is a talented freshman that is learning the ropes. I hardly call that hyping him up.

On the hype thing I could be wrong, and maybe I just have an off-kilter perspective from reading the fanboys here slobber all over him since the spring. Felt like the coaches talked about him a lot, and there were lots if articles about him from camp. But maybe that was just response.

On the field the kid looks like an athlete but I honestly can't say I've been awestruck. But I don't watch HS football and people say he was great there, so who knows.

The kid couldn't possibly have any other issues overriding his potential on the field. That's absolutely not possible at all.
Some people on this board would let criminals play for us if it meant we'd win.

The kid couldn't possibly have any other issues overriding his potential on the field. That's absolutely not possible at all.
I think we all know about his legal issue from HS, which was adjudicated and is behind him. It sounds like you're saying there is more going on with him. Do you care to elaborate on something new or are you just speculating that he has ongoing problems? I hope it's neither because the first would be bad for the program and the latter because that would be irresponsible of you and unfair to AB.

These are real people with real lives, not a series of binary characters stored in your XBox.

These are real people with real lives, not a series of binary characters stored in your XBox.

Exactly. And yet, the knee-jerk reaction on this board revolves around blaming the coaching staff when people have no idea what is actually going on behind the scenes.

Exactly. And yet, the knee-jerk reaction on this board revolves around blaming the coaching staff when people have no idea what is actually going on behind the scenes.
So, are you making stuff up about Broyld or are you sparing him the indignity of putting it out in public. DM has said it is ball-security. What are you saying it is???

So, are you making stuff up about Broyld or are you sparing him the indignity of putting it out in public. DM has said it is ball-security. What are you saying it is???

Seems like you've got your panties all up in a bunch. Relax. No need for a hissy fit.
My statement was in regards to the posters (maybe you were one of them) blaming the staff for limiting AB's hall of fame like potential when we've got no idea what's going on behind the scenes. He may have character issues. He may not. The point is, we don't know so don't start the blame game.

Seems like you've got your panties all up in a bunch. Relax. No need for a hissy fit.
My statement was in regards to the posters (maybe you were one of them) blaming the staff for limiting AB's hall of fame like potential when we've got no idea what's going on behind the scenes. He may have character issues. He may not. The point is, we don't know so don't start the blame game.

Here is your first post:
"The kid couldn't possibly have any other issues overriding his potential on the field. That's absolutely not possible at all.
Some people on this board would let criminals play for us if it meant we'd win."

Look at what I've put in bold from your posts. In light of your stated point, you don't see anything wrong with your first post?

Ridiculous. Take a break from the board or go back to syracuse.com because that's one of the most contrived bull statements I've ever seen here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom