Owen Hiltz | Syracusefan.com

Owen Hiltz

Whitey23

Twitter Wizard

Additionally, sources tell Inside Lacrosse that freshman defenseman Nick Caccamo had surgery last fall to repair a hand injury and that he will miss the start of the season. A member of the Class of 2020 originally bound for Yale, Caccamo was projected to start down low for the Orange.

Additionally, sources tell Inside Lacrosse that freshman defenseman Nick Caccamo had surgery last fall to repair a hand injury and that he will miss the start of the season. A member of the Class of 2020 originally bound for Yale, Caccamo was projected to start down low for the Orange.

Brutal. This team can’t catch a break it seems. I guess the very slim silver lining is maybe we get Hiltz with Spallina for three years instead of two. That obviously would not help the team this year.

Brutal, sounds like he's done for the year. The one guy we couldn't afford to lose. Schedule decisions look even worse now if that's possible

All year looking forward to seeing this dude play. Why can’t the injury happen at some other time instead of two weeks before the damn season starts. Why the hell did it have to happen now.

Not our best dodger but our best offensive player IMO. College crosse not totally wrong in their assessment.

All year looking forward to seeing this dude play. Why can’t the injury happen at some other time instead of two weeks before the damn season starts. Why the hell did it have to happen now.

Would you prefer that Hiltz misses the 1st 4 games, or the last 4 games?

I would choose:
1. Not getting injured in the first place.
2. September.
3. January.
4. April.

This SUCKS!!!
Best of luck to Hiltz!!
Hope Caccamo gets better soon!!
If any coach can coach “ next man up”, it’s Gait . He’s proven that!!
Gotta stay optimistic!!!!

Would you prefer that Hiltz misses the 1st 4 games, or the last 4 games?

I would choose:
1. Not getting injured in the first place.
2. September.
3. January.
4. April.
With cuse lax it is never just kind of bad news. Ever. It is always terrible news. It is the worst team to be a diehard fan of because of this. This is 100% code for out for season, and since it is code for out for season I would say January is indeed the worst time. I am also just very mad so this might not make any sense.

With cuse lax it is never just kind of bad news. Ever. It is always terrible news. It is the worst team to be a diehard fan of because of this. This is 100% code for out for season, and since it is code for out for season I would say January is indeed the worst time. I am also just very mad so this might not make any sense.
I will say the one time some preseason thing did not end in disaster was the covid large gathering last year where like all our starters could be banned from the team. That was the one time a comically terrible breaking news story did not end in disaster. Every other time it is indeed as bad as it sounds or worse.

Gait had extreme depth with the women last year this injury would be the equivalent of him losing Katie Rowan his first year at SU

Make no mistake , Hiltz is a the straw that stirs the drink with Refhuss gone. His game raises others
Shouldn't jump to any conclusion about any injury until all known. Hopefully Hiltz be be back sooner than expected.
Until then talents such as Cook and Berkman will need to step up as Seebold did last year .

Hope for the best.

Expect the worst.

Mel Brooks taught me that.

Hope for the best.

Expect the worst.

Mel Brooks taught me that.
If Mel Brooks was a cuse lax fan for the last 5 years he would have officially shortened the expression to “expect the worst.”

This SUCKS!!!
Best of luck to Hiltz!!
Hope Caccamo gets better soon!!
If any coach can coach “ next man up”, it’s Gait . He’s proven that!!
Gotta stay optimistic!!!!
"Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less.” tbd with Hiltz could be back sooner than expected, Caccamo had minor tweak and returns shortly. Other on short mend as well. Glass is half empty, there is still water to drink and it may possibly be refilled.

"Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less.” tbd with Hiltz could be back sooner than expected, Caccamo had minor tweak and returns shortly. Other on short mend as well. Glass is half empty, there is still water to drink and it may possibly be refilled.
Thank you for the reassuring words ivory. I hope he accesses some of that canadian toughness and heals quickly. Glad it is at least upper body and not a scary bad knee or foot situation.

It's good that they moved Dordevic to attack when they did, because they'd have to do that now anyway. At least now he and the team have had some time to make that adjustment and don't have to do it on the fly.

To be honest, I don't think it matters a whole lot who takes Hiltz's spot on attack. That person is unlikely to truly move the needle in either direction. Would have been nice to have won the Jason Knox sweepstakes right about now.

The rumor is broken collarbone, which puts recovery in April or so. If the Orange are looking like contenders, he'll probably tough it out and return for a postseason run. But if it's looking like a lost season I doubt he'd come back and burn a year of eligibility on a few relatively meaningless games.

It's good that they moved Dordevic to attack when they did, because they'd have to do that now anyway. At least now he and the team have had some time to make that adjustment and don't have to do it on the fly.

To be honest, I don't think it matters a whole lot who takes Hiltz's spot on attack. That person is unlikely to truly move the needle in either direction. Would have been nice to have won the Jason Knox sweepstakes right about now.

The rumor is broken collarbone, which puts recovery in April or so. If the Orange are looking like contenders, he'll probably tough it out and return for a postseason run. But if it's looking like a lost season I doubt he'd come back and burn a year of eligibility on a few relatively meaningless games.

Collarbone takes 3 months before you can resume normal activities, but 6 months for full recovery. Especially if you play a contact sport.

Brutal brutal brutal. I would not have expected that scoreline in a million years. The OSU game gave me hope and just like that, it’s dashed. To lose Hiltz on top of it, just doesn’t get much worse than that.

To piggy back on Doctha’s feelings of doom, I feel like Hiltz will come back and burn his eligibility just to see the Orange miss the postseason anyway. Just feels like a dark cloud is hanging over this season. Not trying to be overly dramatic but if Michigan is beating SU by 14 goals, what in the world is Maryland going to do to them??

This team does have talent, I don’t agree that it’s a rebuilding year. Every position is occupied by at lest one fifth year senior and there are multiple former all Americans all over this roster. But they really need to get to work.

I'm always flabbergasted that he manages to hit send on some of these tweets.
Yeah, Ric really needs to S T Eph U.

Or have all his tweets go into a moderation queue.

Last edited: