Owen Hiltz | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Owen Hiltz

A Syracuse spokesman confirmed Hiltz had to leave the scrimmage but did not have any specifics on the severity of the injury or how long he will be out as a result. Hiltz was still consulting with Syracuse medical personnel on Monday.

We probably should just give up lax according to the Rutty board, as they have passed us by and our best recruit (no idea who the poster is talking about) is talking to a certain B10 school. Man the delusional over there is unparalleled I will give them that.

We probably should just give up lax according to the Rutty board, as they have passed us by and our best recruit (no idea who the poster is talking about) is talking to a certain B10 school. Man the delusional over there is unparalleled I will give them that.
We already snagged their best recruit in real life. Let them dream away.

All our 2022 kids are signed.

And half the 2023 class is related to the 2022 class.

All our 2022 kids are signed.

And half the 2023 class is related to the 2022 class.

LOL thats why I laughed when I read it. He forgot to mention that this has been SU program took RU's highest rated recruit two months ago. Must have slipped his mind.

Last edited:

Rutgers lacrosse fans are by several orders of magnitude the most delusional community in the sport. Maybe it's from enduring many, many years of below average athletics and being the littlest brother in their conference, but whatever it is, it's almost painful to watch. I don't follow their teams in other sports to know if this extends beyond lax but I'd assume so. Top recruits have no interest in going there, which is why they've had to rely so heavily on transfers, which afforded them some success in 2021 (and may do so again, to a lesser degree, in 2022), but they are going to discover soon after that how unsustainable it is as a method of remaining competitive over a long period of time. But I'm sure at that point they'll just come up with some other novel way of anointing themselves the best program in the world.

Rutgers lacrosse fans are by several orders of magnitude the most delusional community in the sport. Maybe it's from enduring many, many years of below average athletics and being the littlest brother in their conference, but whatever it is, it's almost painful to watch. I don't follow their teams in other sports to know if this extends beyond lax but I'd assume so. Top recruits have no interest in going there, which is why they've had to rely so heavily on transfers, which afforded them some success in 2021 (and may do so again, to a lesser degree, in 2022), but they are going to discover soon after that how unsustainable it is as a method of remaining competitive over a long period of time. But I'm sure at that point they'll just come up with some other novel way of anointing themselves the best program in the world.

Rest assured that it absolutely extends to all sports, even more so in the others especially football.

Spend a little time on the Rutgers page over at fanlax and your first sentence could not be more accurate. I think they have a couple of regular sane supporters but they are quickly drowned out by the crazies.

Certainly sounds like Cook will be the guy. Still don’t know how that works with three righties. I assumed Dordevic would take the right wing and Seebold would take X at the start of the season. But Cook played the right wing when he was a starter so I’m not sure where that leaves things. I have a feeling, like Jeremy mentioned, that they end up moving Dordevic back to midfield sooner rather than later.

Cook?? Again? You can't be serious

th

Crazy that they haven’t recruited over Cook after this many seasons. Depressed thinking about watching this season after football and basketball.

Crazy that they haven’t recruited over Cook after this many seasons. Depressed thinking about watching this season after football and basketball.

Well in fairness they did recruit over Cook, injuries and decommits have put him back in play. Next years class has immense attack talent, he needs a monster year to stay in contention.

Certainly sounds like Cook will be the guy. Still don’t know how that works with three righties. I assumed Dordevic would take the right wing and Seebold would take X at the start of the season. But Cook played the right wing when he was a starter so I’m not sure where that leaves things. I have a feeling, like Jeremy mentioned, that they end up moving Dordevic back to midfield sooner rather than later.
Dordevic, despite favoring the right early in his career, has developed quite the nice left hand over the last couple years. I think we probably just end up putting him there.

Dordevic, despite favoring the right early in his career, has developed quite the nice left hand over the last couple years. I think we probably just end up putting him there.

True, although I wonder if making the move to attack to begin with will be hard enough as it is for Dordevic? Seems harsh to also play him essentially out of position.

I guess you could run something like a 2-2-2 (I think this is what Virginia does) and put Cook and Seebold behind, with Dordevic and Curry in the middle and Quinn and Buttermore on the outside? I'm not sure that solves the lefty issue though as think Buttermore might be the only lefty out of that group.