Class of 2024 - P Coleman Franzone (SC) PWO Offered | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 P Coleman Franzone (SC) PWO Offered

Recruited by Vollono when he was at Troy.
A quick look through his Twitter shows lots of college visits. I wonder if he is holding out for a scholarship offer.

Recruited by Vollono when he was at Troy.
A quick look through his Twitter shows lots of college visits. I wonder if he is holding out for a scholarship offer.
If he doesn't really care about where he lands that's what I'd be doing - waiting on a scholarship offer. the PWO offers will probably be there still somewhere.

I think his numbers are deceiving. He was wildly inconsistent in my opinion. Time will tell if Fran agrees
That’s absurd. For starters it was pouring rain. Secondly Stonehouse is one of the top punters in the country. I think his average is top 20. 18 inside the 20, 19 of 50+, and only 5 tbs.

I think his numbers are deceiving. He was wildly inconsistent in my opinion. Time will tell if Fran agrees
Fran is not making a decision on who the punter will be based on a few miss kicks from last year. We need a backup up punter regardless if Stonehouse was perfect or not.

:rolleyes: Statistical fact: not true. My opinion: true. Sorry orangemass, I just thought it was a funny juxtaposition!

:rolleyes: Statistical fact: not true. My opinion: true. Sorry orangemass, I just thought it was a funny juxtaposition!

I do remember him hitting a few bad punts, when our field position was God awful during critical points in a couple games. Stats don’t always tell the whole story. For example a guy may bat .300 in the MLB but is batting .350 with the bases empty but only .200 with runners on the bases. I think we extrapolate the inconsistency by remembering a handful of moments due to their significance instead of remembering the entire body of work.

I do remember him hitting a few bad punts, when our field position was God awful during critical points in a couple games. Stats don’t always tell the whole story. For example a guy may bat .300 in the MLB but is batting .350 with the bases empty but only .200 with runners on the bases. I think we extrapolate the inconsistency by remembering a handful of moments due to their significance instead of remembering the entire body of work.
I have no problem with Orangemass and his take; I just thought it was a funny line. Stonehouse was fine this year; every college punter will have bad moments. We sometimes believe these guys should be perfect and, frankly, don't watch many other college football games with the vigor we watch the Orange with.

Every fanbase can tell you horror stories about their punter or placekicker, but that's pretty much universal, which is why we use statistics to rate these guys, not the objective opinions of fans. And listen - I get that stats can be bent to the whim of the person making the argument, but Stonehouse did pretty well for most of the year as the stats bear out.

I have no problem with Orangemass and his take; I just thought it was a funny line. Stonehouse was fine this year; every college punter will have bad moments. We sometimes believe these guys should be perfect and, frankly, don't watch many other college football games with the vigor we watch the Orange with.

Every fanbase can tell you horror stories about their punter or placekicker, but that's pretty much universal, which is why we use statistics to rate these guys, not the objective opinions of fans. And listen - I get that stats can be bent to the whim of the person making the argument, but Stonehouse did pretty well for most of the year as the stats bear out.
Oh I agree, I was just hypothesizing around how one could arrive at that perspective.

Exactly