P just getting lambasted over on the Boneyard, I think he seems | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

P just getting lambasted over on the Boneyard, I think he seems

ok, got it

everything I've read has Rutgers as the team to beat for him though :noidea:

ok, got it

everything I've read has Rutgers as the team to beat for him though :noidea:
I based it on this article posted on here a few days ago. Who knows what sources this guy has but it was the most recent article I had seen on him.

They said it about Joe Pa years ago when his teams played poorly. That thinking changed pretty quickly when Penn State was competing for a BCS championship three years ago.

Joe Pa is now 7-1 and he's twenty years older than P.

There is one huge difference: JoePa (like him or not) is a legend and a great coach. P is good guy and a good football coach. Not anywhere near a great coach.

And the wrong hire in the first place for UCONN (IMO).

44cuse

There is one huge difference: JoePa (like him or not) is a legend and a great coach. P is good guy and a good football coach. Not anywhere near a great coach.

And the wrong hire in the first place for UCONN (IMO).

44cuse

But he works hard! and is dedicated

Watching that UConn QB gave me flashbacks to the Troy Nunes era, when Coach P. almost pathologically clung to him as a starter, when nearly every fan & their half-brother were left screaming for him to try something... ANYTHING else! (shudder)

I will sit out the P bashing stuff. Been many years of being banned from the old boards for just that reason.Its UConns turn.

I based it on this article posted on here a few days ago. Who knows what sources this guy has but it was the most recent article I had seen on him.
247 recruiting is an up and coming site, but it is legit.

Whenever an older coach's team performs poorly someone always utters that hackneyed phrase "the game has passed him by."

They said it about Joe Pa years ago when his teams played poorly. That thinking changed pretty quickly when Penn State was competing for a BCS championship three years ago.

Joe Pa is now 7-1 and he's twenty years older than P.

Bill Snyder is probably ten years older older than P and D - he looks like death on the sidelines - but with improved talent his team is now playing very well.

No doubt that the defense for UConn was repeatedly fooled last night or did not make a play when one should have been made. I don't presume to understand why and would not try to analyze the x' and o's. I do know that the defense is being coached by Don Brown - DC at MD last year - who is highly respected - I don't think the game has passed him by.

I also know for a fact that the QB situation and the entire offense was going to be a problem from the very start - D inherited nothing - their best player is a frosh -their starting QB is a walk-0n who never took a snap until six weeks ago - most of last year's OL graduated, etc.

I'm pretty sure that at the Big East Media Day UConn was picked to finish at or near the bottom of the league - so what we have seen so far is not unexpected.

I am not surprised by the criticism of Pasqualoni on the UConn board (or this board - the conventional wisdom of this board is what it is and what it has been for years) - I read the same kind of criticism on this board when Marrone loses a bad one - Rutgers - or wins a bad one - Tulane. That's how most fans tend to react.

Penn State has played one of the weakest schedules this year, outside of Bama. All the conference games they've played have been against the worst teams in the B1G. They don't play Michigan or Michigan State this year, either.

They could play us tough at home.
He has two NFL quality seniors on his oline. A good TE, a durable running back. WR's have the drops and QB is just a little inaccurate.

I don't disagree with you there, the problems with UCONN are the ones that Edsall left behind, very little speed anywhere. I think the college game has passed P&D by, I know you will disagree but they just look like two old guys hanging on past their prime. Its one thing to get old and keep coaching the same program but taking on a new job like UCONN, I don't know. P needs to be held accountable as well, the defense looked confused and way out of position all night.

I expect to get UCONNs best effort next Saturday, I am not looking forward to that game whatsoever, fortunately I am getting my knee operated on the day before I plan to be sedated on pain killers

You're being a bit harsh. Things got out of whack. Don't know exactly what happened. Have to look at the film and figure it out.

I agree P & D were left with nothing.

The part that would worry me as a UCONN fan is are these the 2 guys you want building the talent level back up? It remains to be seen if they can still recruit. They were both great at it in the 90's but that was 15 years ago.

I will sit out the P bashing stuff. Been many years of being banned from the old boards for just that reason.Its UConns turn.

Bees use to run me out every few months for the same...