Class of 2022 - P Max Von Marburg (Australia) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/15/21) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 P Max Von Marburg (Australia) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/15/21)

Max Von Sydow.jpg

The switch went off for someone watching that Rutgers punter booming kicks and pinning us inside the 10.

yeah it's funny. he sees things in games from other teams that he likes and he goes out and does it. Whether it's a defense or an Australian punter. Maybe he'll recognize how other teams utilize their tight ends effectively in the passing game.

I believe Pitt also signed an Aussie punter today. Punter fight!

Do we know if he was on Bowling Green's (or Illinois depending) radar? If so it makes MUCH more sense to follow the coach to Syracuse

Last edited:
Here is a good article on punting and Australia. The country has made a major impact on college football (and the NFL).

von Marburg is not from Melbourne, but was an outstanding AFL player. My guess is that he might be a threat to run or throw on fakes.

"When I lived in Porpoise Spit, I used to sit in my room for hours and listen to ABBA songs. But since I've met you and moved to Syracuse, I haven't listened to one Abba song. That's because my life is as good as an Abba song. It's as good as Dancing Queen."

Greasy food and '80's music?!

That's a Syracuse man if ever there was one!!!

I always laugh when I pass thru Cuse area (which sadly, is very infrequently), and it seems like all of the radio station playlists are IDENTICAL to when I attended there in the mid-80's.

It's like Syracuse as a region collectively decided - nope, this is the utmost evolution of music, and we shall go no further!
:p

Greasy food and '80's music?!

That's a Syracuse man if ever there was one!!!

I always laugh when I pass thru Cuse area (which sadly, is very infrequently), and it seems like all of the radio station playlists are IDENTICAL to when I attended there in the mid-80's.

It's like Syracuse as a region collectively decided - nope, this is the utmost evolution of music, and we shall go no further!
:p
He looks like a 30 year old

Here is a good article on punting and Australia. The country has made a major impact on college football (and the NFL).

von Marburg is not from Melbourne, but was an outstanding AFL player. My guess is that he might be a threat to run or throw on fakes.
He will throw backwards