P-S: Shamarko's status unclear | Syracusefan.com

P-S: Shamarko's status unclear

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
http://blog.syracuse.com/orangefootball/2011/09/status_for_toledo_game_unclear.html

Marrone offered a hint that the team’s leading tackler might be okay for the Toledo game, saying that team medical staff would check Thomas later today to see if he’s ready for practice.

Speculation this week was that Thomas, who wasn’t in the Carrier Dome for Tuesday’s practice, injured a hamstring. He missed practice time last season with a hamstring issue.

The coach also said that defensive end Chandler Jones and strong safety Olando Fisher, Thomas’ backup, are “both getting close” to returning from lower body injuries.

Phillip Thomas and sophomore cornerback Keon Lyn, who each had slight injuries on Saturday, were both at practice on Tuesday night and in full pads.

Basically good news (or best news of a bad rash of injuries)

If we can get by Toledo this weekend with a W and no injuries we could be getting back near full strength for Rutgirls.

It would be great if they are available for spot duty, even if they don't get a lot of plays in. My guess is Chandler is ready by WVU.

I saw Shamarko this morning; he looked ok (doesn't mean he is ok, but there was no visible limp, no cast or anything like that).

i would hope chandler is back sooner then wvu..then again i have no idea whats wrong with him so i guess its tough to say

Good if not great news on Shamarko we desperatley need him back in the lineup versus Toledo whos going to pass all day. Getting Fisher back to would be icing on the cake. I doubt we see Chandler Saturday. Next week is the target date, if hes going to play again this year next Saturday is the game.

Good if not great news on Shamarko we desperatley need him back in the lineup versus Toledo whos going to pass all day. Getting Fisher back to would be icing on the cake. I doubt we see Chandler Saturday. Next week is the target date, if hes going to play again this year next Saturday is the game.
I hope we see Jones for Rutgers. The RU OL is as porous as ever, so they would be a good team for him to get healthy on. Dodd, like his predecessor Savage, has been taking a beating and his youth and inexperience shows when he's pressured. A strong pass rush also makes our secondary that much better.

I hope we see Jones for Rutgers. The RU OL is as porous as ever, so they would be a good team for him to get healthy on. Dodd, like his predecessor Savage, has been taking a beating and his youth and inexperience shows when he's pressured. A strong pass rush also makes our secondary that much better.

You are correct, getting Chandler back for RU and the BE portion of the sched would be huge, im just not sure Marrone isnt playing a cat and mouse game as many feel Jones is likely done for the year. That said it seems like hes not which is huge news. It also is imperative we get our secondary healthy for RU as the only thing they can do on O is throw it as they have some good WR. Getting Shamarko, Fisher, Anderson, and Lynn healthy for next week would be ideal. ALso if we could ever find out what Eskridge's deal is it would be great.

I doubt Jones plays Saturday. That said, we are lucky to have Ball and Sharpe playing so well. Not having Shamarko or Olando back there gives Wilkes no breathers, and that is unsettling. We really need to him to be able to play at least a little bit.

The coach also said that defensive end Chandler Jones and strong safety Olando Fisher, Thomas’ backup, are “both getting close” to returning from lower body .

My source says Chandler will be back for Rutgers. Not sure about Fisher.

Lemoyne whats the word on Fisher? Concussion? Anything on Eskridge?

Lemoyne whats the word on Fisher? Concussion? Anything on Eskridge?

Jeremy, isn't Olando's issue lower body? If so, I really hope it doesn't involve his head. Eskridge was redshirting last I heard. Marrone decided to stash him for a year because of the clearing house problems.

Ya i hear about his clearinghouse issues but there was that small part of me hoping he was now cleared if we need him, that doesnt appear to be the case. I thought Fisher was an upper body injury? Perhaps im mistaken.