P5 only Cuse vs Clemson YPP, It’s tighter than you think | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

P5 only Cuse vs Clemson YPP, It’s tighter than you think

That’s a good point with the run blocking scheme.

I think the run game looked pretty good against State. I think the "feel good" factor of Wagner carried over a bit. They ran the ball well.

Tucker in the passing game could play a key role IMO. Maybe he needs to stay in to block more but if he is able to catch some passes it could adjust their strategy if they plan to put pressure on GS.

On defense we need to get better at protecting the long passes. There haven’t been a lot to connect against us but the last two games (not counting Wagner) the opportunities have been there and not capitalized on. Clemson isn’t going to miss those or likely drop some easy long passes.

If Alford is ever going to be a big time receiver, with his size and speed, this is the game he needs to be that player.
If that were to happen then Clemson would be in trouble. That would prevent a double on OG and give us 4 options on every offensive play.
Maybe it would be good if on our first play from scrimmage, Shrader faked the option right, took a quick two step drop, and threw a bomb to Alford.

Just hope Alford doesn't trip over the ref who fell over backwards.

;)

Players have to step up on O Saturday that isn't Tucker, Shrader or OG. To win games like this, it has to happen...a diving catch on 3rd down, breaking a tackle or simply catching the ball thrown to them by running the correct pattern/being in the right spot.

Urban Meyer with the gripping analysis
Quote 1 “I don’t know much about Syracuse, I am not all over them like big 10 schools or other schools”

Quote 2 “I think Clemson is going to handle them very easily”

Yes, yes I follow your rational logically based train of thought