Pace of play | Syracusefan.com

Pace of play

mark79

All Conference
Seriously…. How refreshing is it to watch our new pace of play! With the athletes we have this is exactly the kind of pace I was wanting to see. Would love for Red to throw in some surprise presses every game to keep things hectic.

Last edited:
I think Red would like to press more, but he’s been trying to build on his half court defense. He also said at Hawaii that the offense is still behind because of all the time spent on the defensive end of the court. I think it’s smart to do less better, than trying to do more mediocre.

people here think i didn't like JB. that's not true. met the man several times. nice guy. what i didn't like was his coaching style as he transitioned into his senior years. and so far red is addressing most of those concerns. we're switching up defenses and playing a more aggressive man . check. we're using our deep bench as a weapon rather than as a penalty box. check.we're scheduling tough early games instead of eating cupcakes. check . and he's civil to his players and the press. big check mark. i think red is still figuring some thing out but like what i'm seeing so far.

Last edited:
people here think i didn't like JB. that's not true. met the man several times. nice guy. what i didn't like was his coaching style as he transitioned into his senior years. and so far red is addressing most of those concerns. we're switching up defenses and playing a more aggressive man . check. we're using our deep bench as a weapon rather than as a penalty box. check.we're scheduling tough early games instead of eating cupcakes. check . and he's civil to his players and the press. big check mark. i think red is still figuring some thing out but like what i'm seeing so far.
Saw a bit of a JB interview. In it he said that Red is making changes that needed to be made. Found it telling.

Our game over the last 4 or 5 years became unwatchable for me.
Sometimes I would just record it and watch it if they won. That’s how unwatchable it was for me too.

Thank god we didn't hire Tony Bennett. We haven't been anywhere as slow as his squads.

2022-23.
1701347678867.png

2023-24 (SU is with FSU and Miami running the fastest games among conference teams)

1701347559672.png

Yup...we use to jumptrap in the 2-3 zone...trap people in the corners.
Towards the end of JBs tenure, we didn't have the athletes or the numbers.
Now we have both. Hopefully, we'll see some of this later in the season.
Red and Co. have alot on their plates right now...
We always did that until recently. loved that

Wow that is some awesome information! Where did you find this?
More detail here:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom