Palm's Saturday Update | Syracusefan.com

Palm's Saturday Update

RichmondCuse

Walk On
Dropped us to a 4 and took us out of MSG AND Buffalo. Wow. We really destroyed ourselves this last 6 weeks.

At this point it doesn't matter where we play; if we play like we have the past 2 week we're gonna lose round 1 no matter who we play or where we play.

That said, if CJ starts making shots and Cooney starts hitting some 3s, we could beat anyone anywhere.

Unfortunately the first scenario is much more likely at this point.

Cincy lost by 2 in the final seconds against a ranked team, they weren't gonan fall far
I agree. My "wow" was more of a "wow have we killed ourselves"

I agree. My "wow" was more of a "wow have we killed ourselves"
Yup. Team has totally self destructed. I guess if you're looking for any bright side, there are no expectations remaining. Any sort of run will be a bit of redemption at this point.

The seeding debate is the basketball version of the star ranking in football. Yes playing closer to home would seem to favor any team, but shooting badly won't help either. It's all perception

We could be playing in Taipei - if we don't start getting the shots to fall, it's going to be a short, short tournament for us.

At this point I hope we stay a 4 and don't drop to 5. I'm thinking we are pretty much a 4 though at this point.

690West said:
And this is after the Cincy loss last night? Wow

BC, GT, NC State. We should be a 4. We created this mess when our seed was in our control. This team is not playing like a top 12 team. Can it? Sure. But right now, absolutely no way.

The tournament is a weird thing though. Normally I hate this, but fortunately for us...it's a new season.

44cuse

Every team has bad losses. SU is still 3-2 vs Top 25 RPI while Nova is 1-3, Michigan is 2-4, and Cincy is 2-4.

Good luck to anyone figuring out how seeding is really done.

We're a 3 if the Last 10 doesn't matter. If it still does, we're a 4.

Let's see if the committee actually follows their supposed rules.

It really doesn't matter at this point. BC and GaTech at home show me there probably wouldn't be any "home court" advantage anyway. Very disappointing. Maybe the best thing for this team is to get as far away as possible and just try to find itself.

We're a 3 if the Last 10 doesn't matter. If it still does, we're a 4.

Let's see if the committee actually follows their supposed rules.

Syracuse's season is the reason they shouldn't follow their rules.

Tell me, should a team that starts 0-5 and finishes the season 28-0 have the same seed as the team that starts 28-0 and finishes 0-5?

It doesn't matter, if you can't win games. Regardless of what people said about being rested, does anyone feel comfortable that the team has the mojo? It is hard to feel comfortable against a 12, 13 or 14 seed, the way the team has played. Almost everyone has lost their shooting touch at the same time. If you can't get it through the hoop, the game because very, very difficult.

Maybe the best thing for this team is to get as far away as possible and just try to find itself.
Back to Hawaii!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom