Palm's updated bracket | Syracusefan.com

Palm's updated bracket

I think we would all sign up for that in a heartbeat. The way the team is playing right now I'm not sure it matter s much where we are or who we play. I think we are going to hear something similar from JB as we did last year at this time. The ACC tournament will not be as important from a win/loss standpoint but a means to get this team playing better. Clearly, something has to happen on offense.

Ha, except for drawing Vermont, that would be the best we could hope for. Still getting Buffalo and MSG? (like seeing MSg would be a lock, but still)

Buffalo is a lock, but unless we win the ACCT I think we lose MSG. Honestly I would rather be a 3 seed in the East than a 2 seed elsewhere, but Duke/UVA are the other 2 teams that would be the 2 seed in the East. Root for Wake over Duke and Maryland over Virginia this week.

Buffalo is a lock, but unless we win the ACCT I think we lose MSG. Honestly I would rather be a 3 seed in the East than a 2 seed elsewhere, but Duke/UVA are the other 2 teams that would be the 2 seed in the East. Root for Wake over Duke and Maryland over Virginia this week.

If we lose the next two Buffalo is not a lock.

I don't get the Buffalo/MSG fixation anymore (except for those of you who baught tickets). At this point, unless we show a resurgence in the ACCT, I don't think it matters where we play. If we can't win in the Dome, Buffalo's not going to be any better. We just need to play better. Maybe a trip out west could help instead of hinder. I know the prospect of that sounds crappy, but unfortunately we've played ourselves into that reality...

Another scenario to root for actually is for Villanova to be the 2 seed in the East and hope Syracuse would be the top 3 seed and get the East region. If Nova blocked Duke for the 2 seed in the East we could be the ACC team in the East.
In this scenairo you would see
1. Kansas/Wichita State/Wisconsin
2. Villanova
3. Syracuse
4. Cincinnati/Louisville

I don't get the Buffalo/MSG fixation anymore (except for those of you who baught tickets). At this point, unless we show a resurgence in the ACCT, I don't think it matters where we play. If we can't win in the Dome, Buffalo's not going to be any better. We just need to play better. Maybe a trip out west could help instead of hinder. I know the prospect of that sounds crappy, but unfortunately we've played ourselves into that reality...

If we lose the next two Buffalo is not a lock.
Unless we fall down to the 4 line Buffalo is a lock.
1st round sites Orlando,Spokane, Milwaukee, Buffalo, Raleigh, San Antonio, San Diego, St. Louis
Protected seeds 15 of 16 look likely and 1 will be a mystery that I am going to give to North Carolina in this exercise.

Arizona- 1 seed San Diego
Florida 1 seed Orlando
Wichita State 1 seed St. Louis
Virginia 2 or 3 seed Raleigh
Duke 2 or 3 seed Raleigh
Kansas 1 seed St. Louis
Wisconsin 2 seed Milwaukee
Michigan 2 seed Milwaukee
Villanova 2 seed Buffalo
Syracuse 3 seed Buffalo
North Carolina 4 seed Orlando
Louisville 4 seed San Diego
Cincinnati 4 seed Spokane
Creighton 3 seed San Antonio
Iowa State 3 seed San Antonio
Michigan State 4 seed Spokane

Unless we fall down to the 4 line and I don't think we will because our resume will be better than Everyone below unless UNC's wins at Duke and the rest would need to run the table and I don't see it happening.

Unless we fall down to the 4 line Buffalo is a lock.
1st round sites Orlando,Spokane, Milwaukee, Buffalo, Raleigh, San Antonio, San Diego, St. Louis
Protected seeds 15 of 16 look likely and 1 will be a mystery
Arizona- 1 seed San Diego
Florida 1 seed Orlando
Wichita State 1 seed St. Louis
Virginia 2 seed Raleigh
Duke 2 seed Raleigh
Kansas 1 seed St. Louis
Wisconsin 2 seed Milwaukee
Michigan 2 seed Milwaukee
Syracuse 3 seed Buffalo
North Carolina 4 seed Orlando
Louisville 4 seed San Diego
Cincinnati 4 seed Spokane
Creighton 3 seed San Antonio
Iowa State 3 seed San Antonio
Michigan State 4 seed Buffalo
16th team 4 seed Spokane

Unless we fall down to the 4 line and I don't think we will because our resume will be better than Everyone below unless UNC's wins at Duke and the rest would need to run the table and I don't see it happening.

Michigan is a serious contender. We need to win our next two to be safe.

Michigan is a serious contender. We need to win our next two to be safe.

Ann Arbor, MI to Buffalo 298.1 mi and Ann Arbor, MI to Milwaukee is 331.4 mi

Michigan would likely want to be B1G country in Milwaukee if they had their choice. Also, Villanova is technically closer to Raleigh than Buffalo if you going to go by the exact miles.

Ha, except for drawing Vermont, that would be the best we could hope for. Still getting Buffalo and MSG? (like seeing MSg would be a lock, but still)
Seriously, that bracket does not look too difficult

BC and Georgia Tech didn't look too difficult at one time, either.
I'm comparing it to the other possible regions we could be placed in, team-wise

Another scenario to root for actually is for Villanova to be the 2 seed in the East and hope Syracuse would be the top 3 seed and get the East region. If Nova blocked Duke for the 2 seed in the East we could be the ACC team in the East.
In this scenairo you would see
1. Kansas/Wichita State/Wisconsin
2. Villanova
3. Syracuse
4. Cincinnati/Louisville
I like your thinking here. But if SU loses to FSU or it's first ACCT game (and it's hard to see them winning either now) I don't think we'll get a 3 seed. 4 seed and maybe a 5 if we lose both. Just unbelievable.

Hey. That 25-0 started in Maui where we played really well. Maybe we should all be rooting for Anaheim!! We played last year in Cali and made it to the FF!!

Ann Arbor, MI to Buffalo 298.1 mi and Ann Arbor, MI to Milwaukee is 331.4 mi

Michigan would likely want to be B1G country in Milwaukee if they had their choice. Also, Villanova is technically closer to Raleigh than Buffalo if you going to go by the exact miles.

That's what I was thinking in another post about Michigan. Is the mileage difference so small that the committee would figure Milwaukee is B1G country and just put Michigan there anyway?

That's what I was thinking in another post about Michigan. Is the mileage difference so small that the committee would figure Milwaukee is B1G country and just put Michigan there anyway?
Yeah, I think they would send them to Milwaukee B1G country because their would be Wisconsin and their fans wouldn't make the Michigan game an unfriendly crowd. If Michigan was in Buffalo and Syracuse was their we could make that an unfriendly crowd and make it a pseudo road game if we played the game before or after them.

What a contrast between the Pac-12 and the ACC.

Pac 12 has 7 teams in while the ACC has 5. But, the ACC is very top heavy with 4 of its 5 teams in the pod, creating more elite matchups during the season.. And The P12, only has one of its 7 teams in pod seeds.

I remember when some here said the P12 would get 3 (4 max) in the tourney this year. You do not have to have top 25 teams to get a lot of teams in the tourney.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom