Parking for WVU | Syracusefan.com

Parking for WVU

Boston Tiger

Walk On
What is the parking situation like for football games? I'm going to be attending my first Syracuse game next week (it's family weekend). We are staying out by the fairgrounds, since all the closer hotels were booked early. We will have to check in Friday afternoon before heading over to campus. We will want to get to the campus early enough to see the SUMB perform on the quad, since our daughter is a freshman in the band.

I'm looking forward to cheering myself hoarse at the game, since that's what I learned growing up at LSU games. The only problem I have for the weekend is that CBS picked up the LSU-Auburn game in the Saturday afternoon time slot, and I offered my daughter that we'd drive her over to Ithaca to visit some of her friends at the two colleges in town. Oh well, there's always the VCR, if I can't find a sports bar in Ithaca or Syracuse.

Ithaca has a Wild wings, shouldnt be a problem finding the game there.

Is it seriously family weekend? So that means no student section and a QUIET crowd. Tremendous.

My daughter is a student at Ithaca College and she just told me the best places in Ithaca are the Ale House or a Buffalo Wild Wings. Not really any kind of actual sports bar in Ithaca.

Yes, it is definitely family weekend. I'll be doing my best to represent in my section. I'll have to, since my wife is not a football fan. I can make enough noise for two, but hopefully some of the other dads will join in supporting the team if they have enough dome foams.

My daughter came very close to going to Ithaca (she had an offer to play on their volleyball team) but she absolutely fell in love with everything at Syracuse.

there is a sports bar on Green Street. wings over ithaca has about 10 tvs you can adjust.. Interesting to hear a college student mention the Ale house.. not really the type of Bar I would expect students to hang out in. its more of an eating bar.. and there is always applebees and chilis.

She doesn't usually go out to watch sports. If she watches it's usually with her roommates, neighbors or boyfriend. She was on the phone and asked her if she knew a place. That's what she told me. If you look at Texan Marks tailgate guide link above it will give you tips as to where to park. Hopefully this will be of help.

Wow, TexanMark's tailgate guide was fantastic. It looks like the family day parking pass includes Skytop parking on Friday, so I guess we will do that and the shuttle. I'll just allow plenty of extra time for the shuttle buses.

It looks like I will have some options if we do make the trip to Ithaca. I could plop myself down at one of the wings places in town, while my wife and daughter shuttle off to pick up her friends at Ithaca and Cornell.

Thanks for the help!

We are staying out by the fairgrounds, since all the closer hotels were booked early.

What the heck hotel are you staying at that is near the fairgrounds?

Even though its family weekend are they giving away free tickets to the students for the WVU game??

i think it's a best western by the fairgrounds and from the outside it looks like a nicely renovated hotel

Yeah. The hotel that houses daniellas restaurant is nice

What the heck hotel are you staying at that is near the fairgrounds?
We are at the Holiday Inn Express out in Warner. The selections for this weekend were quite limited by the time my daughter decided on attending Syracuse (less than a week before the deadline for all schools).

We are at the Holiday Inn Express out in Warner. The selections for this weekend were quite limited by the time my daughter decided on attending Syracuse (less than a week before the deadline for all schools).

Gotcha, didn't know they considered that the Fairgrounds area.

Even though its family weekend are they giving away free tickets to the students for the WVU game??

Nope, but tickets are covered in the season ticket package, they're just spread out throughout the stadium.

For the future they're considering just shrinking the student section, or making a specific "family section" where the students should be. It seems like a no-brainer to me, but they're probably afraid of putting families with their freshmen in with drunken, cursing upperclassmen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom