Parking Lot Name Changes | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Parking Lot Name Changes

I hear you. How many actual spaces are on north campus? Do you know the ballpark estimate? Ill park down by Marshall before I go to South...

Part of the problem with trying to use available spots to guesstimate is that there's not a 1 to 1 relationship between donor ranking and parking spots taken. There are some donors with pretty high rankings that don't have football tickets, so they won't take any parking spots. There are also some high level donors that have more than 4 season tickets, so they get more than one parking pass even though they only take up one donor ranking slot. In the past SU hasn't issued passes for every available spot in the lots, knowing that some spots are occupied by students/staff on game day even though they're not supposed to be.

Combine all that uncertainty with the fact that some people may select Manley or Skytop even though spots are available in the West lots, and there's just really not any possible way to know.

I'm not a huge fan of the uncertainty, but I guess I can accept it in year one of the new system. I'm less of a fan of the fact that this process is going to repeat itself every year.

Part of the problem with trying to use available spots to guesstimate is that there's not a 1 to 1 relationship between donor ranking and parking spots taken. There are some donors with pretty high rankings that don't have football tickets, so they won't take any parking spots. There are also some high level donors that have more than 4 season tickets, so they get more than one parking pass even though they only take up one donor ranking slot. In the past SU hasn't issued passes for every available spot in the lots, knowing that some spots are occupied by students/staff on game day even though they're not supposed to be.

Combine all that uncertainty with the fact that some people may select Manley or Skytop even though spots are available in the West lots, and there's just really not any possible way to know.

I'm not a huge fan of the uncertainty, but I guess I can accept it in year one of the new system. I'm less of a fan of the fact that this process is going to repeat itself every year.
All good points. My lot (which I am hoping I can stay at) is never full and it is a far enough walk that I can't see someone who parked in a premier lot in the past wanting to be in my lot. Fingers crossed.

All good points. My lot (which I am hoping I can stay at) is never full and it is a far enough walk that I can't see someone who parked in a premier lot in the past wanting to be in my lot. Fingers crossed.
When u coming to the Fine Mess, bro (assuming I have enough donor skin in the pot to stay there)?!

anyone have any idea where your rank would have to be to get a north campus pass of any kind? I mean, I know we are completely guessing here, but any thoughts? Pretty sure Im not in the range but wondering how far off i may be
do you mean west lots or super high roller sections in yellow or like green sections like harrison, university ave garage area on the parking map?
id guess anything at or below 10,000 in rank will for sure be manley or skytop but some people may prefer those over west lots

which lot is it? i think in my lot (its a garage) i have never had to go past entrance level to find a spot in 2 years

do you mean west lots or super high roller sections in yellow or like green sections like harrison, university ave garage area on the parking map?
id guess anything at or below 10,000 in rank will for sure be manley or skytop but some people may prefer those over west lots

I really meant all, although was focusing on orange and yellow.

I'm probably going to be in the south zone (~2,000) but thats fine, Ill just buy game by game or park in the Crouse Hospital lot...

I'm probably going to be in the south zone (~2,000) but thats fine, Ill just buy game by game or park in the Crouse Hospital lot...
if you 2000 your will probably have your choice of non orange and yellow is my guess

DF7DF26B-9055-43CF-9473-C39E6B600154.png

Keep in mind that the Dr. King school offers game-by-game parking at a very reasonable rate. It's closer than half of SU's permit parking on main campus.

Also, there's a project in the works to offer $15 game parking passes in Thornden Park this season. Good proximity for the price.

Keep in mind that the Dr. King school offers game-by-game parking at a very reasonable rate. It's closer than half of SU's permit parking on main campus.

Also, there's a project in the works to offer $15 game parking passes in Thornden Park this season. Good proximity for the price.

True although It may be much harder to get from the King School to the Dome if I am reading the convo in the other thread correctly

FWIW I counted somewhere in the range of 1,130 spots in Fine, Standart, and Stadium.

That sounds about right but keep in mind SU doesn't sell passes to every single spot due to students parking there during game times. The two parking garages will help for those who want to park close but are not interested in tailgating.

That sounds about right but keep in mind SU doesn't sell passes to every single spot due to students parking there during game times. The two parking garages will help for those who want to park close but are not interested in tailgating.

I'm just trying to get a ballpark. I wish I could count spaces in the garage ha. Google satellite only goes so far.

I'm just trying to get a ballpark. I wish I could count spaces in the garage ha. Google satellite only goes so far.

The Brewster/Boland garage has 218 spaces and the Irving Avenue garage has just under 300. Not sure how many of those are available for ticket holders, though. And no idea what the arrangement is with the VA for their garage (which is much bigger).

The garages are a bit of a mystery. I believe SU bought or leases the second one that used to be open to the public and is now by permit only. That is a pretty good size garage as I parked there a few times years and years ago and has to hold at least a few hundred cars. VA is good size to but has to keep spots open for actual VA patients etc so I am not sure how many spots they count.

So when are we able to choose?
you should be receiving an email tomorrow that tells you when your assigned time to choose is between may 29-june 12, higher ranking obviously will go first

So how’s the tailgating scene at Manley/Skytop or the pregame party at Shaugnessey’s? Serious question...

So how’s the tailgating scene at Manley/Skytop or the pregame party at Shaugnessey’s? Serious question...

Skytop has some good people that group up every week, a lot like fine lot. Bus that is 50 meters away takes you right to the dome. Leaving is a bit of a hassle with traffic but everywhere is like that.

Skytop has some good people that group up every week, a lot like fine lot. Bus that is 50 meters away takes you right to the dome. Leaving is a bit of a hassle with traffic but everywhere is like that.
There are ways to sneak out the North side of Skytop and drastically reduce your exit traffic if you don't mind going east on Colvin. I live in Dewitt so it works for me.

There are ways to sneak out the North side of Skytop and drastically reduce your exit traffic if you don't mind going east on Colvin. I live in Dewitt so it works for me.

Small Road?

I see that the VA Medical Center parking garage is now listed as a possibility for Zone B parking. I assume that that the VA is only allocating a certain number of spaces for game day parking, otherwise they would be remiss in serving their primary duty of service to veterans. Can anybody confirm this?

you should be receiving an email tomorrow that tells you when your assigned time to choose is between may 29-june 12, higher ranking obviously will go first
I am 6/6 at 9a