Parking question | Syracusefan.com

Parking question

llandz

Living Legend
We have a 91 year old alumni who previously served on alumni boards etc coming in for the Notre Dame game. He is now a little unsteady on his feet and I am trying to figure the best way to get him up to the Dome. I have only read about handicap parking at Skytop with a shuttle to the Dome. I am also working with someone in alumni relations, or will be this week as we have a phone call set up. Is there any handicap parking on campus on game days? He is fairly mobile but hills, steps distances are my concern. They got last row seats in 130. Whole family coming in. Any thoughts?

There is an elevator in the parking garage that connects to the sky bridge. I dropped my father off at the corner of Irving Ave and Van Buren St one year. He used the elevator and sky bridge to avoid the stairs.

We have a 91 year old alumni who previously served on alumni boards etc coming in for the Notre Dame game. He is now a little unsteady on his feet and I am trying to figure the best way to get him up to the Dome. I have only read about handicap parking at Skytop with a shuttle to the Dome. I am also working with someone in alumni relations, or will be this week as we have a phone call set up. Is there any handicap parking on campus on game days? He is fairly mobile but hills, steps distances are my concern. They got last row seats in 130. Whole family coming in. Any thoughts?

I’m almost 100% sure the only true “handicapped” parking is at sky top.

I know my mom used this a few times before and always said that it was wonderful because the bus picks you right up where your car is and drops you right off at the front of the dome.

There is an elevator in the parking garage that connects to the sky bridge. I dropped my father off at the corner of Irving Ave and Van Buren St one year. He used the elevator and sky bridge to avoid the stairs.
And is parking by permit only in that garage?

And is parking by permit only in that garage?

He's talking about the VA garage, so you either need to be a veteran or have a permit.

He's talking about the VA garage, so you either need to be a veteran or have a permit.

For the VA garage, I can just roll in and flash my veterans card? I think I might give this a try this weekend

He is a veteran but not sure what id he has, but will reach out about that.

For the VA garage, I can just roll in and flash my veterans card? I think I might give this a try this weekend
Keep me posted Troop and also how long before the game should they pull in to get a spot?

Whelp, I'll never park anywhere else. Can not believe I haven't parked here before.
Not sure how soon one would need to arrive, but we rolled in about 3 hours before kick off to basically an empty parking garage. Pulled up, showed my card, guy told me to have a great day and in we went. We were at the tailgate in 4 minutes, could have been at the dome in 3.
I think the first two floors were handicap only. Elevators to all levels.

Whelp, I'll never park anywhere else. Can not believe I haven't parked here before.
Not sure how soon one would need to arrive, but we rolled in about 3 hours before kick off to basically an empty parking garage. Pulled up, showed my card, guy told me to have a great day and in we went. We were at the tailgate in 4 minutes, could have been at the dome in 3.
I think the first two floors were handicap only. Elevators to all levels.
Thanks. And thanks for remembering to post about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom