Pat Forde projects 'Cuse a loser to Wake | Syracusefan.com

Pat Forde projects 'Cuse a loser to Wake

arbitragegls

All Conference
Note below...why is he wrong?

The Big East (37) will have at least two bad losses. The schedule is set up for opening success: seven of the eight teams at home, and all seven of those are favored. But Syracuse will be taken down by visiting Wake Forest, and Louisville will be stunned by Murray State. The Orange and the Cardinals are both positioned to backslide a bit after significant improvements last season and look vulnerable in their openers.
Syracuse was fortunate in 2010 (few injuries, 4-0 in games decided by seven points or less) and has six new defensive starters who combined to do very little in 2010. They will be facing Jim Grobe's most experienced Wake team in several years

Well i wouldnt worry too much about Par Forde since the 'Ville is favored by 30 points over Murray

I project Pat Forde as a loser in life. The guy has a hard-on for everything SEC and absolutely hates the Big East... Always has.

I actually like his Forde-dash columns. He is there to be opinionated.

As for the game, I think it will be a low scoring tough game. With SU winning.

They're clever, but it doesn't mean he isn't a hack who does things with agendas.

at least he acknowledges that losing to an ACC team is a bad loss :)

Syracuse was fortunate in 2010 (few injuries, 4-0 in games decided by seven points or less) and has six new defensive starters who combined to do very little in 2010.

Seems to me we had many injuries last year, or at least we were operating with a less than full roster. Not sure what the relevance of winning games by 7 points or less last year has to do with this year. Says a lot about the coaching if you ask me. Besides maybe we win those games by more than 7 points this year with a veteran offensive line and a qb who has a year under his belt. My feeling is that the dl and secondary will be better despite the losses and the and the linebackers will grow into their positions.

Syracuse was fortunate in 2010 (few injuries, 4-0 in games decided by seven points or less) and has six new defensive starters who combined to do very little in 2010.

Seems to me we had many injuries last year, or at least we were operating with a less than full roster. Not sure what the relevance of winning games by 7 points or less last year has to do with this year. Says a lot about the coaching if you ask me. Besides maybe we win those games by more than 7 points this year with a veteran offensive line and a qb who has a year under his belt. My feeling is that the dl and secondary will be better despite the losses and the and the linebackers will grow into their positions.
This. Forde forgot about our receiver corp being depleted. Besides,Marrone is also playing with his best team since he's been in Syracuse. Syracuse by two TDs.

I picked Syracuse to win, but what worries me is how we always lose in the dome lately.

I picked Syracuse to win, but what worries me is how we always lose in the dome lately.
This. We struggled at home last year and now we are playing a respectable team on opening day in the Dome. Hope our players don't have any nerves going into the game.

The mark of a good team is winning close games. For the life of me, I will never understand how "analysts" use that as a way to degrade a team.

The team had significant depth issues last year and did have injury issues as well. The fact they finished 8-5 and performed well in close games should be a testament to Marrone and his staff's coaching ability and the team to overcome challenges, not the opposite.

Syracuse will win this game and we will win by at least 10. And I've got $450 on Cuse to win so I am putting my money were my mouth is :)

How to write a shitty college football team preview:

Step 1: Look for who graduated/left the team

Step 2: Say that the position they used to play is now an area of concern

Step 3: Ignore the fact that players get better from year to year, and a player who steps in might actually be better than who they replaced

Step 4: ?

Step 5: Profit

Until you have seen the teams on the field at least once or twice, it is all speculation to me. New year, new team.

Pat Forde has never given Cuse props. It really doesn't matter what he thinks. Let's just hope we pull out a W, and then email bomb his sorry a$$.

Never trust a guy who unnecessarily puts a vowel on the end of his name and subsequently goes by "Pat" instead of Patrick. The guy is obviously all screwed up.

I had the pleasure of meeting Pat this summer at as his kids are excellent age group swimmers in Louisville, he is a genuine nice guy who is paid to be opinionated.

I had the pleasure of meeting Pat this summer at as his kids are excellent age group swimmers in Louisville, he is a genuine nice guy who is paid to be opinionated.
A football analyst wouldn't get far just picking the favorites every week. His rationale for picking an upset is based on a rather superficial analysis, but at least he didn't say SU is an option team. In the end, I agree with the poster who said that until we see each team play a game or two, it's all idyll speculation at this point.

Who really cares what he thinks? We get so damn defensive anytime a writer says one negative thing about Syracuse

Just because he's paid to do something doesn't mean he's any good at it.

Pat Forde first got my attention when he ridiculed the selection of Doug Marrone as head coach for a job that should have been "giftwrapped" for Turner Gill. Didn't agree with his rational but guess that doesn't make him a bad guy. Now the Rutgers-Seton Hall rivalry thing...

I have no beef about his pick because that's his opinion and that's fine. The predictions I have a big problem with are the ones that the analyst just picks a team just because of what conference they are from or some other stupid misinformed thing like that.

Pat Forde first got my attention when he ridiculed the selection of Doug Marrone as head coach for a job that should have been "giftwrapped" for Turner Gill. Didn't agree with his rational but guess that doesn't make him a bad guy. Now the Rutgers-Seton Hall rivalry thing...

Wow. I can't remember his take when Marrone was hired. I'll have to go find that. what a db