Class of 2019 - Pat Hackler (NY: Skaneateles) Middie to Yale | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 Pat Hackler (NY: Skaneateles) Middie to Yale

This is a bad miss by Desko and staff and there is just no way around it. This is the reason why the program has fallen off. They need to keep whatever local talent is left on the hill. There is no way that this kid should be leaving CNY to play college lax.

This is a bad miss by Desko and staff and there is just no way around it. This is the reason why the program has fallen off. They need to keep whatever local talent is left on the hill. There is no way that this kid should be leaving CNY to play college lax.

SU went after him hard, but there's only so much $$ to go around when you have 12.6 scholarships. He's going to get a lot more in financial aid from Yale then what he could get from SU. Its unfortunate but it happens.

SU went after him hard, but there's only so much $$ to go around when you have 12.6 scholarships. He's going to get a lot more in financial aid from Yale then what he could get from SU. Its unfortunate but it happens.

Syracuse is not mentioned in the article posted today. It says Yale beat out two Ivy league teams and Army and Navy. If Syracuse was recruiting this young man hard, you would think they would be mentioned.

What is your basis for saying he will get more financial aid from Yale than Syracuse? That doesn't sound right at all. Yale isn't a charity and has no lack of prospective students.

Can you really blame a player, local or not, from wanting to go to Yale over Syracuse? Yale's program is at a level now where there isn't THAT much difference lacrosse wise, and the education and future life opportunities are not even comparable.

Syracuse is not mentioned in the article posted today. It says Yale beat out two Ivy league teams and Army and Navy. If Syracuse was recruiting this young man hard, you would think they would be mentioned.

What is your basis for saying he will get more financial aid from Yale than Syracuse? That doesn't sound right at all. Yale isn't a charity and has no lack of prospective students.

Can you really blame a player, local or not, from wanting to go to Yale over Syracuse? Yale's program is at a level now where there isn't THAT much difference lacrosse wise, and the education and future life opportunities are not even comparable.

I can't speak for the article but I trust the person I spoke to who knows the family, Syracuse was recruiting him hard all summer and it essentially came down to SU and Yale.

My basis is that Yale will be giving academic aid while SU will give him only a fraction of the yearly tuition under the 12.7 scholarship limit. I was told Yale's perspective aid package was much better then what SU could offer in a partial scholarship.

As for your last paragraph I have no disagreement there, a different poster was upset we didn't get him.