Pat McAfee Talks about his History with Syracuse | Syracusefan.com

Pat McAfee Talks about his History with Syracuse

Stern

All American
3 min clip in which I guess there is a mini Cowherd-McAfee feud or something. But the 2nd half of the clip Pat McAfee talks about his first college game being at Syracuse, kicking in the Dome, and spoke about taking a visit to Syracuse and deciding not to go there. And it sounds like he may have taken some journalism classes at Syracuse post-NFL career as well up here. Tough to follow what he says in the clip he is all over the place

Are cowherd's eyebrows naturally like that or does he shape them so that his look intentionally reinforces his douchiness?

Edit: That's funny. I posted my eyebrow comment before watching the clip. I'm glad another non-journalist is curious.

Last edited:
Love him. So much more enjoyable and funny to listen to than the idiots on ESPN or cowherd. Shocked when he retired to do this but he’s becoming quite well respected especially after rodgers and him have a great thing on tuesdays
I haven't heard him before but that was entertaining. While I want all good football players to come to Syracuse, he looks like he was born to wear a coonskin cap and play in Morgantown.

I listen to his radio show on Sirius/XM whenever I can and it is I think by far the most entertaining sports radio show out there. Sometimes (like in this clip) when he is all over the place it can be tough to follow, but more often than not its just funny and smart sports radio.

They talk like normal people on the show too not that fake radio schtick talk which I think helps make the show very good. When he tells stories about a punt (or a play) from his time with the Colts or at WV, and about how it went wrong or how it went so well and what the coaches and teammates told him after the play, and he gets in depth it usually is funny as hell and gives great insight into the life of a punter/kicker.

3 min clip in which I guess there is a mini Cowherd-McAfee feud or something. But the 2nd half of the clip Pat McAfee talks about his first college game being at Syracuse, kicking in the Dome, and spoke about taking a visit to Syracuse and deciding not to go there. And it sounds like he may have taken some journalism classes at Syracuse post-NFL career as well up here. Tough to follow what he says in the clip he is all over the place

“decided not to go there” = he didn’t have the grades to get in. A potted plant can get accepted to WVA. He is hilarious. I love watching him

Love him. So much more enjoyable and funny to listen to than the idiots on ESPN or cowherd. Shocked when he retired to do this but he’s becoming quite well respected especially after rodgers and him have a great thing on tuesdays
I enjoy his fresh approach but not sure he needs to drop F bombs every 4th sentence.

Cant listen to him in the car with the family.

When I first heard Pat McAfee I thought "man this guy is a douche." But then something flipped in my head and now I find him incredibly entertaining. He has a Bill Waltonness to him.

He kind of got his start in Indianapolis guesting on the Bob and Tom syndicated morning radio show when he was playing for the colts. He's a funny guy.

I would not be shocked if ESPN puts McAfee in the "Lee Corso Role" on College Gameday next year and he is the goofy guy making picks at the end of the show with the mascot heads and stuff. That "Corso Role" is going to be tough to fill, it's what everyone tunes into each week and they need someone with personality to fill it and McAfee is the only one on ESPN's roster who could possibly do it.

He's talked up Cuse in a good way before.

He has had a lot of good things to say about the school on other segments.

He's very entertaining and honest about the life of an NFL player.

Love his program

When I first heard Pat McAfee I thought "man this guy is a douche." But then something flipped in my head and now I find him incredibly entertaining. He has a Bill Waltonness to him.

Yep, difference he is fueled by edibles as opposed to Walton with acid/LSD.

I enjoy his fresh approach but not sure he needs to drop F bombs every 4th sentence.

I’ve never understood why people talk like that. It’s a fine word when used selectively. But if you just drop it in every other word indiscriminately, you might just as well use “um” or even a belch. It would have the same effect.

I listen to him 2-3 days week. Love the guy. Funny, great stories, knowledgeable and swears like a trooper. Lol.

In my opinion, McAfee is the only possible person who can replace Lee Corso on Gameday. He's the only one with the zany and fun charisma. It can't be someone boring like David Pollack.

Loved his segments when he’d come on LeBatard and now it’s funny to see one of them get a huge deal with DraftKings and the other get one with FanDuel. Nice to see independent talent in the media game get rewarded.

My favorite McAfee story is how he had a lot too many drinks one night, then a few weeks later a full sized professional wrestling ring showed up to his house. He had quite the blackout purchase.

Exactly. I think he is talented and interesting but if he cut the obscenities by 50% it would enhance the quality of his show without losing anything in the process. He is an entertainer for sure. There is an interesting youtube clip out there where he gets into a skirmish with some wrestler dude named Adam Cole. Not into wrestling myself but it was pretty amusing.