Paterno to step down | Syracusefan.com

Paterno to step down

according to NY Times

Didn't say when

"For over a thousand years Roman conquerors returning from the wars enjoyed the honor of triumph, a tumultuous parade. In the procession came trumpeteers, musicians and strange animals from conquered territories, together with carts laden with treasure and captured armaments. The conquerors rode in a triumphal chariot, the dazed prisoners walking in chains before him. Sometimes his children robed in white stood with him in the chariot or rode the trace horses. A slave stood behind the conqueror holding a golden crown and whispering in his ear a warning: that all glory is fleeting."
- Gen. George C. Patton

Not really surprising. After the last few days, had to figure Paterno was done. It's going to be a very emotional day Saturday against Nebraska...for so many reasons.

Fire him, don't bother letting him "step down."

The reality is that the PSU Athletic Department falls under the jurisdiction of the BOT, and ultimately the State of Pennsylvania. In the final analysis Joe Pa was not the BMOC after all.

Get ready for all of the Joe Pa tribute shows, regardless of the outcome of this trial. It may get more sickening before it gets better.

Get ready for all of the Joe Pa tribute shows, regardless of the outcome of this trial. It may get more sickening before it gets better.
You just took the words out of my mouth. There will be some in the "Main Stream (Sports) Media" that will try and make him out to be a victim in this.

Where's Chris Hansen when you need him?

chris_hansen.gif
tr_paterno_getty.jpg

You just took the words out of my mouth. There will be some in the "Main Stream (Sports) Media" that will try and make him out to be a victim in this.

I don't know.

I agree that the media would normally have a tendency to gloss over transgressions due both to his longevity and accomplishments. But in this case, given the nature of the charges, and most importantly given how unreceptive the public is going to be to sex crimes perpetrated against children, I think that this is going to be something that people aren't so willing to forgive nor forget.

Just my two cents.

I don't believe he deserves being allowed to step down. I think he should be fired personaly.

On Sportscenter last night, they ran a segment talking about Jerry Sandusky's career. You would have thought that he died or something. It was very odd. Basically just highlighting all his career accomplishments and almost brushing over the scandal stuff.

Fire him, don't bother letting him "step down."
Exactly. He lost that right the second he was complicit in multiple child rapes.

On Sportscenter last night, they ran a segment talking about Jerry Sandusky's career. You would have thought that he died or something. It was very odd. Basically just highlighting all his career accomplishments and almost brushing over the scandal stuff.

It's sickening. If this had been involved with most college football programs, there would be torches and pitchforks. Instead, it's treated like a meager stain on a great career because it's Penn State and St. Paterno.

It makes me sick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom