Pathetic | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Pathetic

I’m at the point now to say that the Cuse should beg to get back in the Big East in all sports except football and have the football team join the AAC which is more our level of play and talent. Dino and the ACC have to go in my eyes for it is so embarrassing to watch especially when you are a former player. Good grief!

AAC will never accept us for football only

They will want our other programs, mainly basketball

It won't be Noon today.

And when we do make a change, Wildhack will only have $3.5 mil to spend on the new guy.

We're not hiring Harbaugh.
$3.5 m will get us some more mediocrity. Need to pony up SU!!

That is one of the crazy things. I would say 95 percent of this board loved the hire. He seemed perfect.
Ultimately, most coaches fail. That's the gig. Seemed good, but has totally flopped aside from 1 season.

Which is why I feel like it makes sense to just move on as soon as you know a guy ain't it when you're a program like ours. Dino is a JAG, and we have evidence that a JAG coach can win 6-7 games here on an up year. I mean, Shafer did it.

Just keep taking shots. Particularly these days when a coach can reload a team via the portal in a season or 2.

I'll tell you what I heard this morning. If ADJW doesn't move in the near future, the little alumni support they have in the football program is going to be gone. What a trainwreck. Dino is a shell of who he was when he was hired.

Why would anyone show up Friday if Wildhack doesn’t make the move?If he doesn’t see that this team has quit then he needs to be removed for incompetence.
To be fair after last night the decision to move the Pitt game to NYC does look a little better.

Any of the board insiders saying anything right now? I feel like it's awfully quiet from the "In the know" folks. Either JW has marginalized the syracusefan boosters or they know something we don't

Feels like the end is near whether it's last game of the year or 12pm today.
I assume when we started 4-0 everyone in the AD assumed no move was being made this year.

Syracuse Football isn’t a good job. Looking back 2022 season looks much better than it felt last year.

Dinos buyout isn’t crazy and there are some good options out there we have to make a move. I don’t think the new guy will inherit much to work with but in the age of the portal it’s not that important.

CDRW and Davis have to be awful to not be playing with his poor Shrader has been.

I assume when we started 4-0 everyone in the AD assumed no move was being made this year.

Syracuse Football isn’t a good job. Looking back 2022 season looks much better than it felt last year.

Dinos buyout isn’t crazy and there are some good options out there we have to make a move. I don’t think the new guy will inherit much to work with but in the age of the portal it’s not that important.

CDRW and Davis have to be awful to not be playing with his poor Shrader has been.
Agree with much of that, but the problem starts with the lines - both DL and OL. We were totally dominated. VaTech ran at will with strong blocking. VaTech destroyed our OL. The new guy better know how to recruit and work the portal for line talent. Then we can worry about a QB.

I’m at the point now to say that the Cuse should beg to get back in the Big East in all sports except football and have the football team join the AAC which is more our level of play and talent. Dino and the ACC have to go in my eyes for it is so embarrassing to watch especially when you are a former player. Good grief!
Awful post.

Dino is a shell of who he was when he was hired.
I don't think Dino ever really wanted to be here. It's the only way I can wrap my head around what's happened over the last 8 years.

He came here seeing it as a stepping stone into the P5. Won a few games (mostly due to Dungey), had a few SportsCenter highlight speeches, and became a low-rent media darling. I'm sure he believed his plan was coming to fruition, and that his "success" here would be parlayed into a gig at a premiere P5 school out west or down south. When that didn't work out, and he was faced with the reality of Syracuse being his zenith as a coach, he's been mailing it in ever since.

That is one of the crazy things. I would say 95 percent of this board loved the hire. He seemed perfect.
I thought he was exactly what we needed. An offensive guru, fast pace, go for it on 4th down, charismatic coach, that can connect with young people. I was wrong. I wish him well. It’s time for SU to move on. It’s been time.

I'll tell you what I heard this morning. If ADJW doesn't move in the near future, the little alumni support they have in the football program is going to be gone. What a trainwreck. Dino is a shell of who he was when he was hired.

I think JW realizes it. Now it's just how and when to do it, and more importantly, who he hands the keys to.

Dino is dead man walking. I think everyone realizes it now.

Seemed like the absolute perfect hire. In hindsight, the one piece that was missing was success building a program. He’s always hopped in with other people’s recruits and left quick. He had no history of success of his own building. And that’s been the downfall here. However, even in knowing that, I was fully on board with the hire and in a similar scenario would be again. SEC and B10 schools pay big $ and have coaches not work out. It is what it is. It’s a crap shoot, hiring coaches even if you have big $ to spend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom