Patrick Ewing hospitalized with COVID-19 | Syracusefan.com

Patrick Ewing hospitalized with COVID-19

This just shows the pandemic is far from over ... and that no one is exempt from it. Please be careful, folks. COVID-19 is horribly contagious and can strike anyone... anyone.

Last edited:
This just shows the pandemic is far from over. Please be careful folks. COVID-19 is horribly contagious and can happen to anyone... anyone.
It's scary. This will be a big weekend for people to not act like idiots. Anyways, I like many, gained more respect for Patrick after his college career. Always felt he got the shaft being passed over as a NBA head coach. Wish him well.

Hating Patrick Ewing to me is similar to the way Jordan could want to get into a fight with Reggie Miller on the court and shake hands and call him brother after the game. Hope he gets well soon.

Anyone can get this virus, but an older, male, African American, is in that category, that is more likely to handle this not so good. 57 years old not terribly old, though, for sure.

Anyone can get this virus, but an older, male, African American, is in that category, that is more likely to handle this not so good. 57 years old could be worse, though, for sure.

Patrick has been carrying a lot of weight since his playing days, hopefully he's slimmed up some and in better shape to fight back. Wish him the best.

Yes, get well soon so I can hate you once more!
No one deserves this disease.
Speedy recovery.

That said, I believe it is consistent with NCAA Constitution Section 2.4 - Sportsmanship & Ethical Conduct - to continue despising Patrick Ewing during treatment and recovery.

Get well...

Keep hate alive!

When he coached on the Hornets staff, I ran into Ewing a few times here in Charlotte, at a really nice restaurant called the Fahrenheit. Being from the Northeast (Mass, DC, NYC), we’d joke about missing the high-rise views like the one you have at that restaurant, even though that’s changed a bit as the Charlotte skyline has gotten bigger. I always let him know how much i hated him as a Hoya, and after the wipeout by Otto Porter’s team where we scored only 39 pts. he made sure to mention that when i ran into him again. Never got the chance to discuss CJ’s dunk “in the face” during the BET a couple of weeks later, though. Lol
To hear he’s in the hospital is not a good sign so I’m hoping he can beat this thing and get back on his feet. He’s a really good guy.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom