Patrick Young Florida | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Patrick Young Florida

For some odd reason I like this kid. He is what collage basketball is all about. Most likely won't play in the NBA. But is a really good collage basketball player. He was slow to develop at the collage level. He was a McDolands all American and in the old system would of been drafted out of high school. He stuck around and will Graduate! Hard not to cheer for him! Yes and Fab Melo dominated his when they were freshmen.

I was surprised this past weekend at how unathletic his movements were. Maybe he's got some knee/hip/leg problems, but he doesn't seem very fluid for a man built like he is. Strong as heck, but just a bit awkward in his movements.

Remember when he said Fab Melo was overrated? Hard to dispute that now...

Fab is the better basketball player, mentally though it clearly isn't close.

Fab had all the tools (minus the mental thing). I'm starting to think that ship has sailed, though.

I could see some NFL team drafting him as a late round TE

Funny, I was thinking the same thing. He may be a touch too tall and looks a bit lumbering (not sure if that's used properly there).

I was surprised this past weekend at how unathletic his movements were. Maybe he's got some knee/hip/leg problems, but he doesn't seem very fluid for a man built like he is. Strong as heck, but just a bit awkward in his movements.

His knees have been bothering him all year but, regardless, he isn't too fluid

That being said, I think he'll have a career in the NBA as a back up/role player

Young never quite developed offensively, but I covered a game he played at Yale last season. Maybe the most physically impressive player I've seen in person.