Patriot News story... There were many missed chances to investigate as early as 1995 | Syracusefan.com

Patriot News story... There were many missed chances to investigate as early as 1995

MikeSU02

Living Legend
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/11/who_knew_what_about_jerry_sand.html

Long story, but worth the read. A lot of it is a more digestible version of the grand jury report. However, there is some information that dates to back to 1995.

Two snippets:

McQueary is a guy who once stepped in and broke up a player-related knife fight in a campus dining hall — a fight police admit could have been very ugly. But this week, he is getting blasted by the public for doing too little.

and

According to the grand jury, then, here is how McQueary’s eyewitness account became watered down at each stage:

McQueary: anal rape.
Paterno: something of a sexual nature.
Schultz: inappropriately grabbing of the young boy’s genitals.
Curley: inappropriate conduct or horsing around.
Spanier: conduct that made someone uncomfortable.
Raykovitz: a ban on bringing kids to the locker room.

This thing is soo much bigger than most realize. This is really just the beginning IMO.

At each step in the process after McQueary, someone was to blame for cover-up.

Cover up - I think the media needs to start using that term much more often.

From the article that first reported it back in March:

1998 Case: The boy’s mother told The Patriot-News she was specifically instructed by state police at Rockview not to speak with a reporter.

Retired Penn State Police Officer Ron Schreffler handled the 1998 case. When approached recently, Schreffler said he couldn’t comment and asked a reporter, “How did you see that report?”

This is freakin' INSANE!!

Also:

Sandusky’s devotion to the program was the reason he gave for turning down job offers for football head coaching jobs at Temple University and the University of Maryland.

That's the first I've heard Sandusky turned down head coach offers.

Creepy comment from a PSU supporter from back in March:

"All you Penn State Haters listen to this. You are just envious of people who exemplify integrity and follow the "Golden Rule." I had an experience witnessing Mr Sandusky at the outside Natatorium with a crowd of his Second Mile kids. I heard all of this noise and cheering and I looked up and Jerry was on the tallest platform diving board. The Second Mile Kids were chanting "JERRY, JERRY!" It was very heart warming. I also had contact with him in a professional business venue. He is a kind and humble man. Remember what goes around comes around and this smacks of extortion to me."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom