Patriots -3 vs Falcons | Syracusefan.com

Patriots -3 vs Falcons

Eric15

Living Legend
O/U opened at 58. If it holds it would be the largest in the history of the Super Bowl.

it will hold.

-3.5 would be ideal for falcons betters.

Fair line. Pats play 3-4 point SBs.
I don't think either side will blowout the other.
NE is the more balanced team.
Atlanta has the better offense.
I think NE will take away Julio Jones and Sanu/Gabriel are going to get a lot of catches.
NE is in its 7th SB in 15 years and Atlanta their first for these players.
It will be interesting to see how Atlanta plays at the beginning with the pressure of the SB.

The Falcons fans won't travel. NE fans will have SB fatigue the secondary market for tickets will be cheap. NE fans will still outnumber Falcons fans.

The line is right on the money. I think Brady gets the ring for his thumb and Kaiser has to kneel before Brady/Trunp in the WH.

34-31 New England.

The Falcons fans won't travel. NE fans will have SB fatigue the secondary market for tickets will be cheap. NE fans will still outnumber Falcons fans.

Yeah I have to imagine scalpers were praying for at least the Steelers or the Packers.

The Cowboys making it would have been a dream since the game is in Houston.

I would think Falcons fans would travel.

granted, theres not a lot of them...but its drivable and the flight $$ is not ridiculous.

crazy stat shown yesterday...in 160+ or something seasons...the city of Atlanta has 1 title.

the 95 Braves.

don't underestimate them...

granted, theres not a lot of them...but its drivable and the flight $$ is not ridiculous.

crazy stat shown yesterday...in 160+ or something seasons...the city of Atlanta has 1 title.

the 95 Braves.

Atlanta fans can't fill out playoff games on their own. They were a lot more Packer fans in Atlanta then Steelers fans in New England. Also there were a lot of Steeler fans in New England probably to 3000.
For the Super Bowl Atlanta fans had the fewest reservations on the NFL pre-purchase for during championship week. The Falcons fan will be outnumbered by New England fans. The only fan bases in a Super Bowl that clearly brought more fans the New England were Seattle two years ago in Arizona and Philadelphia Eagle fans in Jacksonville 11 years ago.
The Eagles fans were probably 3 to 1 over New England. This is because this was Philadelphia's first Super Bowl in a long time in New England's third in four years. Also New England fans didn't really want to go to Jacksonville.

The Giants brought a lot of fans to both of the patriot Giants Super Bowls but they were close to equal with New England. Because in 2007 The patriots we're going for a perfect season and had a few more in Arizona . In 2011 Indy I would say the Giants probably had 55% and New England had 45% it was close to even.

This Super Bowl I bet we will see a lot of neutral fans. Atlanta will have their hard-core fans same for New England and there will be a lot of tickets cheap on the secondary market.

How do Super Bowl crowds typically breakdown? I picture it having so many neutral people at the game that you really wouldn't worry about a crowd noise issue. Obviously I've never attended one.

X% to one team
X% to the other team
X% of just neutral Super Bowl attendees

Lol good luck getting safety help on Julio Jones when you have Gabriel, Coleman, Freeman and Sanu to worry about too.

How do you think they manage Jones like they did Brown Alsacs , I just don't see the Patriots defense getting it done. I can see their offense pulling some ridiculousness, just not the D.

How do Super Bowl crowds typically breakdown? I picture it having so many neutral people at the game that you really wouldn't worry about a crowd noise issue. Obviously I've never attended one.

X% to one team
X% to the other team
X% of just neutral Super Bowl attendees
I went to SB 36 it was mainly fanbases.
SB 36 was 2 to 1 Patriots fans over Rams fans.

I would say that about 25-33% of the crowd are neutrals. However a clear majority of the fans are for the teams. It can get loud especially in a Dome. I know the crowd noise affected the Rams on the blitz Warner threw the pick-6 to Ty Law. He tried audibling and either the team missed it and nobody ran a hot a route or I don't know.

Lol good luck getting safety help on Julio Jones when you have Gabriel, Coleman, Freeman and Sanu to worry about too.

How do you think they manage Jones like they did Brown Alsacs , I just don't see the Patriots defense getting it done. I can see their offense pulling some ridiculousness, just not the D.
Pats will keep a safety over the top on Jones. They won't give up long bombs.

The Pats only gave up 2 passes over 40 yards the entire season long.
Butler on Sanu.
Ryan on Jones with a safety slid over.
Rowe on Gabriel.
Chung will handle RBs out of the backfield.

The Patriots will not shut down the Falcons. However, they will slow them down and force Atlanta to dink and dunk and stop in the red zone. I think the Patriots clearly have the better secondary than the Falcons w/o Trufant.

New Orleans always lights up Atlanta. New England will likely copy that blueprint on offense. The Patriots have been in the SB basically every other year. I want to see Matt Ryan not throwup in that pressure. NE only loses if the ATL pass rush plays out of their mind. As the Steelers have a better D than Atlanta and Brady lit them up.

Teams that beat NE Baltimore/NY Giants/Denver have insane pass rushes that get pressure with 4. Beasley and Freeney need to play well.

I went to SB 36 it was mainly fanbases.
SB 36 was 2 to 1 Patriots fans over Rams fans.

I would say that about 25-33% of the crowd are neutrals. However a clear majority of the fans are for the teams. It can get loud especially in a Dome. I know the crowd noise affected the Rams on the blitz Warner threw the pick-6 to Ty Law. He tried audibling and either the team missed it and nobody ran a hot a route or I don't know.

I'm not doubting you, it just seems strange to me. These teams play road games all the times where 100% of the crowd is against you, including Domes as there seems to be more roofs in the league now. They manage to function and win those games. I guess for the SB you could say they never prepped for the noise because they didn't expect it.

The real point I'm trying to make is that I need to go to a Super Bowl but I'm stuck rooting for the team with the longest playoff drought in the NFL. And I was a broke HS Senior thru College Junior (ish) when they were a (losing) fixture in these things.

I'm not doubting you, it just seems strange to me. These teams play road games all the times where 100% of the crowd is against you, including Domes as there seems to be more roofs in the league now. They manage to function and win those games. I guess for the SB you could say they never prepped for the noise because they didn't expect it.

The real point I'm trying to make is that I need to go to a Super Bowl but I'm stuck rooting for the team with the longest playoff drought in the NFL. And I was a broke HS Senior thru College Junior (ish) when they were a (losing) fixture in these things.
when it happens, don't let life get in the way.

was in HS & college as well for the Giants 1st 2...and the 2nd 2...damn life.

42 was a few months after the wife and I did a 2nd honeymoon in Italy for almost 2 weeks and i was broke...and 46 was 6 months after kid 2 showed up and when I casually mentioned I could go with my tailgate crew, well lets just say I know where Disney got the idea for Queen Elsa.

Oh, they will most definitely pull the D.

Hahahaha

the 95 Braves.

They don't have a huge fanbase, Atlanta is one of the worst sport cities in the country.

Aarent the majority of the tickets pre-sold? Each team gets roughly 10-15K to sell to their direct fan base. So it not like 40K falcon fans have to travel.

the bigger issue is flat out cost up front until the market adjusts.

0cb968c3-6f75-4e7e-be49-7dd5ec3a8168.jpg

A lot of these look like Final Fours, either inconvenient cities or cities with inconvenient stadium locales (like SF, Zona, Miami...).

A lot of these look like Final Fours, either inconvenient cities or cities with inconvenient stadium locales (like SF, Zona, Miami...).

There's an easy way to settle this. A big easy way. Every Super Bowl and Final Four from now until the end of time will be held in New Orleans.

The catch is that when they build their new big stadium one day, it can't stray far from where the current one is.

There's an easy way to settle this. A big easy way. Every Super Bowl and Final Four from now until the end of time will be held in New Orleans.

The catch is that when they build their new big stadium one day, it can't stray far from where the current one is.

Pretty much. A direct flight into DCA would be nice too but whatever on that part.

Most of America's real cities never felt the need to get fleeced into building a downtown dome...

aren't a majority of the tickets are held by corporate sponsors?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom