Paul Johnson Retiring From Ga Tech / Hires Geoff Collins | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Paul Johnson Retiring From Ga Tech / Hires Geoff Collins

Congrats to Georgia Tech fans wanting to watch non-option football each week.
That job will be a tough one though to fill.
Annual games with Clemson/Georgia.
It’s a solid job but not really as easy as it looks.

I agree, and orthopedic surgeons across the southeast are suddenly worried about their job security. Its a good job and i am sure the fanbase will welcome a new, normal, RPO offensive philosophy.

Annual games with Clemson/Georgia.
It’s a solid job but not really as easy as it looks.

They play Clemson annually? Why? Not in same division...

The knees of ACC players breath a sigh of relief.

a50f1bb8d29a7ebaabcd07ddb9d30d2e.gif

Unlike most people, I’m actually a huge lover of the triple option, even if I realize it’s obsolete at the absolute highest levels of football (FBS and NFL). At FCS through peewee it’s still viable, and I ran this offense as a player and coach. So this is sort of a sad day for me. That being said, it’s obviously good for Syracuse. We won’t have to face that offense in 2020. I still have nightmares about the option clinic they put on in 2013.

Temple is like a revolving door for head coaches. The second they get a whiff of success, the coach leaves for greener pastures.

Recruiting to GTech can be tough. Not Stanford-tough, but not easy.
He knows what he’s in for, having been there (actually here ;) ) twice before.

Why don’t we get them next year? We’ve played Duke, Virginia, VT, Miami, and UNC since we last played GT in the first year of the ACC. Shouldn’t it be back to GT now? What am I missing?

I want them next year when they’re putting in a new offense with option players on the roster. I want to beat them by 50. We owe them big time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom