Payoff for Mizzou game | Syracusefan.com

Payoff for Mizzou game

DCCuse

Tailgate Buffet Legend
Not sure if anyone ever posted this, but looks like $800K for the trip to Missouri according to this article.

Not sure if anyone ever posted this, but looks like $800K for the trip to Missouri according to this article.

I can't wait to go to this game. Haven't seen our football team in person in over ten years.

is that good? What's the average BCS payoff? I apologize if it's in the article, don't have the ability to open it at the moment.

is that good? What's the average BCS payoff? I apologize if it's in the article, don't have the ability to open it at the moment.

Tied for the highest payout ever for a Mizzou opponent. The other was San Diego State, but the big non-conference game up until now was against Illinois in St. Louis.

Tied for the highest payout ever for a Mizzou opponent. The other was San Diego State, but the big non-conference game up until now was against Illinois in St. Louis.
But the rest of that paragraph states:
That matches the most MU has paid for a nonconference game, tying the figure it gave San Diego State for its 2010 visit to Columbia, but is a steal for a one-time appearance for a major conference program.

<sigh>

Still would've been better for the fans if Gro$$ could've cut a deal for Mizzou to visit the Dome in the future.

Still would've been better for the fans if Gro$$ could've cut a deal for Mizzou to visit the Dome in the future.
I agree, make it for $700,000 and get a return game. Makes us look like a hooker and Dr. G's the pimp.

I a
I agree, make it for $700,000 and get a return game. Makes us look like a hooker and Dr. G's the pimp.

Maybe to us on the board but I doubt anyone else in the country cares or has even thought twice about it, including a majority of our fans.

Will be a nice down payment on some facility improvements, right?

Realignment has made scheduling for 2012 a nightmare. Credit TGD for filling the slot with a real opponent and getting a solid payday out of it.

Could he have done better? Probably. But given the circumstances, he didn't do all that bad.

Can't ignore the money, just can't. The casual fans will bitch a bit but the casual fan isn't going to all the games anyway... I am fine with taking the money for the USC game and the Mizzu game with no return, only issue is not getting Temple at home but then again you don't have 3-4 conference members jump every year. And again we are on our way to stability and more money, can't aruge with that

Pretty sure if it is a 1 and 1 there would be no payments. The home schools would keep the gate.

How much does SU make when a team like Missouri comes to the Dome if they did a H/H?

I don't know all that goes on behind the scenes and it may be possible Dr. Gross could have got a better deal somewhere but after this whole debacle that is the big east falling apart, SU has to do the best they can and deal with the problem the best they can. Seriously, how many big schools want to come to Syracuse and play in front of 15k empty seats?

Pretty sure if it is a 1 and 1 there would be no payments. The home schools would keep the gate.

I don't actually know how this stuff works, but yeah, the accountant in me says that seems like the logical way it would work. "So if I have this straight, we pay you $700k AND go to your stadium in return? If I may ask a bold question, will you then pay us back $700k??" I guess I can't fault the board for the innovative thinking, that would seem to be a great deal.

I don't actually know how this stuff works, but yeah, the accountant in me says that seems like the logical way it would work. "So if I have this straight, we pay you $700k AND go to your stadium in return? If I may ask a bold question, will you then pay us back $700k??" I guess I can't fault the board for the innovative thinking, that would seem to be a great deal.

Which lends the question if SU had another home game, how much do they make say versus Akron with 30,000 people there? I don't know, $800K? Like I said, I don't know the answer to this

They need money for facilities, the fanbase will be mediocre until they win games and play a more entertaining brand of football, I don't see a HUGE change in what we have seen the past 3 years happening this year, take the money and keep building

The point posters are overlooking is that our future schedules are in flux with the ACC jump. ACC still isn't sure if they are doing 8 or 9 game regular seasons, which hurts us for future commitments right now.

It sucks to have 5 home games, but as IB stated above, the BE the pooch in the bungus on this, and we're doing the best we can.

If one of you wants to see another home game, pony up 800k to buy us out and get us nicer facilities. Then you can see a battle between Cuse and Hobart.

Here's a dumb question. How much does it cost us to play an away game? I know we make money overall, but what's the loss incurred off that profit or travel and logistics? Ballpark? Obviously it varies per team and location... Anyone know??

seriously, and as ive said...SU was likely the low bidder.

SU got 800k and the student athletes got a real game.

win/win

Here's a dumb question. How much does it cost us to play an away game? I know we make money overall, but what's the loss incurred off that profit or travel and logistics? Ballpark? Obviously it varies per team and location... Anyone know??

I would imagine the chartered flight is the most expensive, then hotel, dining, etc Lodging and food is probably if they are 1 or two nights. Wild guess no less than 50K no more than 75, the lodging and dining for 70 guys and staff or however how many travel has to be 15K

Can't ignore the money, just can't. The casual fans will bitch a bit but the casual fan isn't going to all the games anyway... I am fine with taking the money for the USC game and the Mizzu game with no return, only issue is not getting Temple at home but then again you don't have 3-4 conference members jump **** every year. And again we are on our way to stability and more money, can't aruge with that

Here is the list of BCS OCC opponents that have played in the Dome since 2000 through this upcoming season.

BYU, Auburn, UNC, ND, FSU, UVA, Iowa, Washington, Illinois, PSU, Minnesota, N'western, BC, Wake, N'western.

Every year SU has had at least one BCS OCC opponent along with the the 3 or 4 conference opponents in a 6 or 7 game home schedule. And people complain.

Other than teams that won't come here, it just doesn't matter. If you need to play away to get a bump, so be it.

wonder what the take is for a home game against an D1AA school?

The AD was clear that Marrone did not want 2 D1AA teams on the schedule and so this is a good consolation. It's probably better to get paid $800K for a road game than to pay out $500K for a home game with North Texas.

This year is a waste, we're just biding time for a new offense and a new conference, so take the extra money, put it into some new shakeweights or xxxxxxl weighted wristbands for andrew tiller and hope the game doesn't go too badly. if ever there was a year to just whore yourself out, this is it. they're not going to be good, at least now we have some excuses and money

People that are saying we make $800K aren't taking into account the expenses. I don't know the expenses for a road game considering airfare, hotels, food, equipment transportation, player/staff tix etc, but I know in bowl games (yes the expenses are higher especially since you have to buy "X" tickets) teams lose money or barely break even. Any guess what our real net would be? A home games makes a decent net. I'm not sure we are getting rich just because we are getting $800K from Missouri, at least compared to a home game.

People that are saying we make $800K aren't taking into account the expenses. I don't know the expenses for a road game considering airfare, hotels, food, equipment transportation, player/staff tix etc, but I know in bowl games (yes the expenses are higher especially since you have to buy "X" tickets) teams lose money or barely break even. Any guess what our real net would be? A home games makes a decent net. I'm not sure we are getting rich just because we are getting $800K from Missouri, at least compared to a home game.
Even if you figure a total cost of 1500 to 2000 per individual on the road we should make in excess of 500k

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom