Payoff for Mizzou game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Payoff for Mizzou game

People that are saying we make $800K aren't taking into account the expenses. I don't know the expenses for a road game considering airfare, hotels, food, equipment transportation, player/staff tix etc, but I know in bowl games (yes the expenses are higher especially since you have to buy "X" tickets) teams lose money or barely break even. Any guess what our real net would be? A home games makes a decent net. I'm not sure we are getting rich just because we are getting $800K from Missouri, at least compared to a home game.

We're probably netting 600-650k off this trip. Not sure how much a home game against Maine gets us, but we would need 40k spending 200 bucks each to break even, assuming we are paying Maine a few hundred grand for the game.

We're probably netting 600-650k off this trip. Not sure how much a home game against Maine gets us, but we would need 40k spending 200 bucks each to break even, assuming we are paying Maine a few hundred grand for the game.

Maine? Aren't they FCS? No way should we have even considered a 2nd FCS and Marrone said we didn't.

I figure the expense would be about $100k to travel to Mizzou. Remember we only travel about 60 players throw in staff..probably balloons to 90-100. A charter would run about $400 per...throw in hotel (players double up), food, etc...can't see a two night trip running more than $100k

BTW, going forward when the Patriot goes full up on scholies...I would be supportive of Colgate becoming a regular fixture on the schedule.

Maine? Aren't they FCS? No way should we have even considered a 2nd FCS and Marrone said we didn't.

Well who else was there besides Oklahoma, Western Kentucky or something? We'd be paying them too.

I figure the expense would be about $100k to travel to Mizzou. Remember we only travel about 60 players throw in staff..probably balloons to 90-100. A charter would run about $400 per...throw in hotel (players double up), food, etc...can't see a two night trip running more than $100k

BTW, going forward when the Patriot goes full up on scholies...I would be supportive of Colgate becoming a regular fixture on the schedule.

I'm pretty sure it is more than $100K. There are many other expenses including equipment trans, tix, etc. No a big deal, just wanted to remind people that $800K isn't gong into the coffer and that we do make a net profit on all home games no matter the opponent. Some people acted like we were getting rich by doing a road game. Just income (not net) from tix sales for a home game is in excess of $1M (for a semi decent opponent)

Well who else was there besides Oklahoma, Western Kentucky or something? We'd be paying them too.

IDK. Would have to go back to October to see who was available (which I'm not going to do).

Who owns the broadcast rights for this game ? SEC ?

That could be worth a whole lot more than $800K.

IDK. Would have to go back to October to see who was available (which I'm not going to do).

This I agree...Syracuse should've aggressively sought out a decent team to do a home n home...but as you remember there was staff turnover.

This I agree...Syracuse should've aggressively sought out a decent team to do a home n home...but as you remember there was staff turnover.

My only point is that I bet when you look at net profit, this game will net us no more (or only a little more) than a game against a MAC team at home. It's a shame FSU said no as I believe we tried to get them to come to the Dome.

My only point is that I bet when you look at net profit, this game will net us no more (or only a little more) than a game against a MAC team at home. It's a shame FSU said no as I believe we tried to get them to come to the Dome.

Wasn't FSU's open date Sept 8th? That could've been a nonstarter...My take (like others)...this Fall is Short Term Pain for Long Term Gain.

Wasn't FSU's open date Sept 8th? That could've been a nonstarter...My take (like others)...this Fall is Short Term Pain for Long Term Gain.
it was. what made the schools problem worse was that they were basically booked for sept.

im fine with this and i say they will make more $$.

Maybe open dates could have been moved for them? I don't know. Marrone mentioned a couple big teams we tried to get to come here. I believe one was FSU.

As others have said, this is the 2nd time in just a few years. What will people say next year if the ACC doesn't screw a current ACC team and gives us, the newcomer, the 5-4 home deal? Hopefully that has already been agreed to, otherwise we will see 5 again next year. It can possibly happen a few years after that too. We always have an excuse though while it doesn't happen to other schools, even schools impacted by re-alignment. Just poor old SU.

BTW, what is the long term gain?

Maybe open dates could have been moved for them? I don't know. Marrone mentioned a couple big teams we tried to get to come here. I believe one was FSU.

As others have said, this is the 2nd time in just a few years. What will people say next year if the ACC doesn't screw a current ACC team and gives us, the newcomer, the 5-4 home deal? Hopefully that has already been agreed to, otherwise we will see 5 again next year. It can possibly happen a few years after that too. We always have an excuse though while it doesn't happen to other schools, even schools impacted by re-alignment. Just poor old SU.

If they hire Jurrie and myself on the staff: you'd have awesome road trips and 6-7 games a year in the Dome...plus strippers at Club 44.

If they hire Jurrie and myself on the staff: you'd have awesome road trips and 6-7 games a year in the Dome...plus strippers at Club 44.

You're hired!

I'm pretty sure it is more than $100K. There are many other expenses including equipment trans, tix, etc. No a big deal, just wanted to remind people that $800K isn't gong into the coffer and that we do make a net profit on all home games no matter the opponent. Some people acted like we were getting rich by doing a road game. Just income (not net) from tix sales for a home game is in excess of $1M (for a semi decent opponent)

Net will likely be what has already been said - $600-650K.

Which is a substantial chunk of change that can, alone, can pay for the operating budgets of men's soccer, women's soccer and softball. And maybe one or two other Olympic sports.

This is a no-brainer. Missouri is NOT Oklahoma, not even USC for that matter. People love to complain about the scheduling, but let's challenge ourselves against the best and see what happens. We are, after all, a Division I football team aren't we?

Net will likely be what has already been said - $600-650K.

Which is a substantial chunk of change that can, alone, can pay for the operating budgets of men's soccer, women's soccer and softball. And maybe one or two other Olympic sports.

This is a no-brainer. Missouri is NOT Oklahoma, not even USC for that matter. People love to complain about the scheduling, but let's challenge ourselves against the best and see what happens. We are, after all, a Division I football team aren't we?

We know that already. There's a net positive for a home game too, with an even better chance to win. Not sure why you quoted my post since I wasn't complaining about the level of competition.

I don't think it's nearly as great as $600K. I'd say maybe half that. With 30K for Toledo, you don't make $600K. Greater chance of winning? We almost lost last year... who's to say that wouldn't happen again?

Gentlemen, I think we can all agree that given the circumstances...the Missouri game isn't a terrible deal.

Had this deal been made under "normal" scheduling circumstances, I think we'd have more of a reason to bitch.

We know that already. There's a net positive for a home game too, with an even better chance to win. Not sure why you quoted my post since I wasn't complaining about the level of competition.
i fail to see how 30k at the Dome for hawaii or north texas st would net the school 650k. :noidea:

enlighten me.
:eek:

Oh Lord

i fail to see how 30k at the Dome for hawaii or north texas st would net the school 650k. :noidea:

enlighten me.

Oh Lord

Agree 100%, afterall we would have people complaining that $200 for two season tickets at a stadium without a bad seat lacks value. Maybe it's the traffic, What. This leaves me scratching my head, yet again it doesn't in the slightest. $200? I will spend more than that on a couple of tailgates.

Damit, I want pony rides!!

enlighten me.

Oh Lord

it may not be that much. but even 30k at $30 ave tix is 900K. have to pay the other team something depending upon who they are. n tex might be 300k, i don't know. then there is the concessions, novelties, parking, etc. of course you have the expenses of being in the dome too. but the point is, there is a net positive. could be a few hundred thou, maybe 500 thou.

Agree 100%, afterall we would have people complaining that $200 for two season tickets at a stadium without a bad seat lacks value. Maybe it's the traffic, What. This leaves me scratching my head, yet again it doesn't in the slightest. $200? I will spend more than that on a couple of tailgates.

Damit, I want pony rides!!

another complaint about the cheap seats. they have NO impact on anything. so who cares if someone does or doesn't buy them or complains about them?

another complaint about the cheap seats. they have NO impact on anything. so who cares if someone does or doesn't buy them or complains about them?

Anything non preferred seating IMO is very very reasonable for season tickets, you want reasonable seats buy them, pony up for preferred C or D, do something but the university has bent over backwards to cater to whiners yet there is no change. The cost of season tickets from A-Z is affordable, IMO. Sure preferred A amnd B are top heavy but don't buy them. Sounds to me as people want 50 yard line seats, row 2 for 250/ ticket, more or less

have the pot smokers play a game that night.

or have the Boss play and let the fans smoke the pot.

:noidea:

Oh Lord

it may not be that much. but even 30k at $30 ave tix is 900K. have to pay the other team something depending upon who they are. n tex might be 300k, i don't know. then there is the concessions, novelties, parking, etc. of course you have the expenses of being in the dome too. but the point is, there is a net positive. could be a few hundred thou, maybe 500 thou.

You're living in a fantasy world if you think SU could make $500K with an opponent named North Texas.

Doesn't concession/parking money get split between different areas of SU? Or even another area all together, and not to the general athletic department pool?

$200-300K TOPS. Which is a far cry from $600K.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom