Paypal Cal | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Paypal Cal

How do you think Syracuse would react if Boeheim did what Cal did at the end of the Kansas-Memphis game. Then again even if Memphis won the win would be vacated but still.

I don't recall what he did.

boeheim is batting 1 for 41. all at the same school. the "at the same school issue" is important becuz when you change schools (like calipari or many others) you are entering a new system with new people and procedures and it takes a little time to move all the furniture around so it suits your taste. JB has had no such inconvenience. in fact he's had it his way with his people and trainers and facilities for 41 years.

In the history of college basketball there are 14 coaches with two or more titles so yeah pretty reasonable metric.

Cal also does everything possible to help market a player whether he comes out in year 1 or year 2. His goal is for you to help his team and at the same time he will support you fully if you choose to go the NBA and I am sure is able to get very accurate information on draft position and any advice you ask for.

Compare that to JB's non supportive attitude towards players leaving early that he deems not ready and I am not sure why people still think its the shady that Cal gets more top recruits than us.

Didn't he jettison half the team the year they made the NIT? Wasn't Wiljter on Gonzaga last year one of those dudes?

boeheim is batting 1 for 41. all at the same school. the "at the same school issue" is important becuz when you change schools (like calipari or many others) you are entering a new system with new people and procedures and it takes a little time to move all the furniture around so it suits your taste. JB has had no such inconvenience. in fact he's had it his way with his people and trainers and facilities for 41 years.

But in those 41 years he's had what... 3 chancellors? 4 ADs? 2 venues? 3 conferences? It's not like NOTHING of importance changes. Obviously a lot stays the same but

I'm sure Cal has broken more than his fair share of rules. However, in the grand scheme of things, I don't think he is one of the bigger problems with college basketball.