Ped State flips 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ped State flips 2

albanycuse

Dion Waiters
They havent suffered 1/10 of what they should have.

image-1362481613.jpg

albanycuse said:
They havent suffered 1/10 of what they should have.

Recruiting has changed. Once a star always a star with a charismatic coach or two.

Vandy has lost seven kids since Franklin took the Penn State job.

cuseguy said:
Vandy has lost seven kids since Franklin took the Penn State job.
vandy is headed back to 2-3 wins seasons

How are they gonna have room for everybody... Thought they were full... maybe they don't hold onto Cabinda??

Looks like they are at 21 (1 guy might be on campus already). So they should be at the limit now.

According to Skaut, they signed 17 kids in 2013 and have 21 listed as commits this year. The math doesn't add up, unless they were able to carry over some from before the sanctions. (Maybe they're just laughing: Sanctions? We don't care about no stinking sanctions!)

Reports also have Franklin offering scholarships to three top Vanderbilt recruits — four-star safety Emmanuel Smith, three-star cornerback Amani Oruwariye, and four-star 2015 linebacker Josh Smith.

Franklin has also reportedly offered a scholarship to four-star 2014 offensive lineman George Brown, who is ranked the 115th overall recruit in the nation by Rivals and holds offers from a bevy of schools, including Auburn, Baylor, Clemson, Georgia, Michigan State, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, and Vanderbilt, among many others.

http://onwardstate.com/2014/01/12/p...bilt-gives-scholarship-offers-to-four-others/

According to Skaut, they signed 17 kids in 2013 and have 21 listed as commits this year. The math doesn't add up, unless they were able to carry over some from before the sanctions. (Maybe they're just laughing: Sanctions? We don't care about no stinking sanctions!)

Man, I hate PSU! They got off so stinking easy! Now they have this new energy and are once again on the upswing! In essence sweeping the horrific past under the rug! Makes me sick in everyway!

According to Rovals they have 5 early enrollees that all count towards last year. Supposedly they can still take 23-24 commits total.

somebody posted on another message board that franklin's career record at vandy is something like 23-15 (+/-). at first glance, you think that's pretty dam good in the SEC, then the same poster noted that franklin was only like 2-11 (dont quote me on that) against SEC teams with winning records.

Who knows, I didn't really follow Vandy but if those numbers are accurate it makes you wonder. Did Franklin get by on smoke and mirrors? I will grant him though that he'll get better players at ped state top to bottom and more talent should mean more wins.

somebody posted on another message board that franklin's career record at vandy is something like 23-15 (+/-). at first glance, you think that's pretty dam good in the SEC, then the same poster noted that franklin was only like 2-11 (dont quote me on that) against SEC teams with winning records.

Who knows, I didn't really follow Vandy but if those numbers are accurate it makes you wonder. Did Franklin get by on smoke and mirrors? I will grant him though that he'll get better players at ped state top to bottom and more talent should mean more wins.

It looks like he can sure recruit, don't know about his game management but we have seen with our coaching staff that such things are easily learned/applied in the course of a season (if you have a talented coaching staff.)

From what you're describing it sounds like a coach we all know about who used to make his living in Piscataway before taking (and losing) a job in Tampa. Things that make ya go Hmmm.

According to Rovals they have 5 early enrollees that all count towards last year. Supposedly they can still take 23-24 commits total.

What happened to reduced scholarships?

What happened to reduced scholarships?

Heck I have trouble keeping track of our commits, all I know for sure is that they can't go over 75 players on scholarship. This year their limit is 15, next year 20 but in the previous years their commits totaled 16 in 2011, 19 in 2012 and 17 in 2013. I read that 5 or their early enrollees were supposed to be applied to last year. Number manipulation.

Heck I have trouble keeping track of our commits, all I know for sure is that they can't go over 75 players on scholarship. This year their limit is 15, next year 20 but in the previous years their commits totaled 16 in 2011, 19 in 2012 and 17 in 2013. I read that 5 or their early enrollees were supposed to be applied to last year. Number manipulation.
I think I figured it out. NCAA doesn't really care that much as long as they cash in on the $60 million fine they imposed. Sounds like schools manipulate the scholly numbers all the time so PSU is just playing the game. And as far as the $60 million, probably just a drop in the bucket when boosters get involved. Sanctions were BS, plain and simple.

I can see why Franklin is considered a good recruiter. He's full of this kind of BS- http://www.statecollege.com/news/lo...eak-gpa-records-for-football-program,1446284/

Same guy who had Vandy relax admissions standards so he could get the players he needed to win in the SEC, now says that it was Vandy who only wanted to win football games. I'm sure he wants a good team GPA so he can tell parents that he cares about academics, but I'm supposed to believe that he left Vandy because it didn't care about academics as much as Penn St? Looks like PSU found a perfect match with this guy.

Could PSU be kicking some current players/commits to the curb?

I can see why Franklin is considered a good recruiter. He's full of this kind of BS- http://www.statecollege.com/news/lo...eak-gpa-records-for-football-program,1446284/

Same guy who had Vandy relax admissions standards so he could get the players he needed to win in the SEC, now says that it was Vandy who only wanted to win football games. I'm sure he wants a good team GPA so he can tell parents that he cares about academics, but I'm supposed to believe that he left Vandy because it didn't care about academics as much as Penn St? Looks like PSU found a perfect match with this guy.

He's as slimy as they come, and so is PSU. It's all a PR game for them now...

I hate Ped State and think they got off way to easy. With that said I don't understand all the hate for Franklin. I had the pleasure of meeting him once and thought he was a good guy. Also if you have never seen this video it is what college football is all about

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom