Penalties/ Turnovers and Overall Thoughts | Syracusefan.com

Penalties/ Turnovers and Overall Thoughts

OrangeBlood

Starter
Undoubtedly the reason we lost the game. I thought we played extremely hard but just were killed in crucial points of the game by turnovers and penalties. The blame for this lies on the feet of the coaching staff and Nassib.

It is clear the offense can not come back and win games. It took almost ten minutes to get down the field for three. Solid offense when leading, horrible when down.

Kevyn Scott had I thought his best game of his career on his last game. Overall I though D was solid. But is anyone else sick of seeing Dan Vaughn always being one step too late or just being blocked in the open field. I hope that Spruill, Davis, Lynch and other Davis will be able to step up next year.

Lemon is a good receiver, Chew just has never really done anything against top competition. I desperately hope that Hale is as good as coaches think. We NEED a playmaker on the outside.

Thank god that Mike Hay is some. I am sorry but he is an addition by subtraction. I think Hickey from day one is better. Will not miss Hay's holding/ offsides/ late hit penalties.

There needs to be an open competition for QB in spring. Hunt and Kinder deserve a shot. We already know what Nassib has and we have to see what others can bring.

LOVE Jerome Smith's game, him plus Gulley and a more in shape Moore will be a solid stable next year.

I think Desir as a lot of ability and will start at FS next year, the whole DB core will be the most athletic and experienced it has been in a very long time.

Wales showed a bit of promise today, Him and Stevens will need to step up next year. Wouldn't be shocked to see Thompson get a lot of run as a freshman.

On Marrone, he deserves next year. But if he fails to reach a decent bowl... He has to be questioned. As an offensive coach he has done nothing to get a dynamic offense. It is in my opinion his biggest failure.

Pitt scored 20 points off turnovers...10 penalites (many of the same ol personal foul ones which have been a disappointing trend over the past few weeks) = 95 yards...:bang:

Pitt scored 20 points off turnovers...10 penalites (many of the same ol personal foul ones which have been a disappointing trend over the past few weeks) = 95 yards...:bang:

Horrible.. Like I said bye bye Hay.

To be fair... two of the personal foul calls were complete BS "helmet hit" that were just plain old horrible calls.

To be fair... two of the personal foul calls were complete BS "helmet hit" that were just plain old horrible calls.
True, too bad those are judgement calls and not reviewable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom