Penna to valuable to run back punts | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Penna to valuable to run back punts

He is going to bust one or two for TDs. Frans not going to play scared, Dino fell into that trap the end of his time here. We saw how that worked out .

I think Tino was putting a few back to celebrate NFL's opening Sunday.

My first thought Saturday was having that guy return punts is nuts.

When Harrison returned punts we had no choice. That was the Offense.
Except for that McNabb fellow Marvin's senior year.

Plus, front-line offensive players have often been used to return punts, even on good teams, e.g. Qadry Ismail and Kevin Johnson.

Except for that McNabb fellow Marvin's senior year.

Plus, front-line offensive players have often been used to return punts, even on good teams, e.g. Qadry Ismail and Kevin Johnson.
Scott Schwedes was also a pretty good punt returner. He even ended up doing it in the NFL for a few years.

The one thing that makes me agree is that Pena has an injury history. The other side of the equation is whether another one of our receivers could do a good job returning punts? People may disagree, but why the nastiness? It is a valid point of discussion.

I actually agree with this. I think the punt blocking has been pretty poor and he's taken unnecessary hits instead of fair catches, which is on him.

He's at minimum our 4th best offensive player and a big time threat out wide through 2 games. I don't see a reason to have him out there on ST.

If we don't think we have another player capable of not fumbling then put aside the CFP hopes. Of course we have someone else capable.

The one thing that makes me agree is that Pena has an injury history. The other side of the equation is whether another one of our receivers could do a good job returning punts? People may disagree, but why the nastiness? It is a valid point of discussion.

Agreed. Pena is such a competitor that he tries to constantly make plays and at times that does make him extremely vulnerable to injuries.

If Pena is who Fran and staff feel is the guy to return punts, it's obviously their call. Kids a talent and let's face it, if anyone else were better than Trabor, then they'd be out there instead. You play to win the game.

That said, hopefully SU can get some safe leads this year when they can put somebody else out there to get some game experience.

It does ease my mind a bit having some actual depth at WR as well.

I think the risk of injury on punts for the is far less than on kick offs. That’s why you see so many changes happening on KOs for the NFL.

Can’t a mod fix the title it’s giving me anxiety seeing it on the FB page?

If we did that then it kills my whole response.

I think the risk of injury on punts for the is far less than on kick offs. That’s why you see so many changes happening on KOs for the NFL.
Nah. If the returner doesn’t catch a ball cleanly they get drilled by 2 guys running full speed 99.9% of the time.

But we almost lost a game we completely dominated due to special teams alone so Peña is back there.

Nah. If the returner doesn’t catch a ball cleanly they get drilled by 2 guys running full speed 99.9% of the time.

But we almost lost a game we completely dominated due to special teams alone so Peña is back there.
Kudos for the ~.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom