People, in case you haven't been watching USC | Syracusefan.com

People, in case you haven't been watching USC

IthacaBarrel

Shaky Potatoes
They aren't playing like world beaters, using the logic everyone uses here minny almost beat USC, minny lost to new Mex st yesterday, arguably the worst team in 1a. Thus, USC stinks.

I don't buy any of it, that is why we play the game and I think we have a chance if they can patch this o line back togther, give macky a ton of help. Maybe c jones will be back but shafer has to come up with a way to put pressure on barkley.

The reason USC has struggled is they have turned it over. If we play like we did yesterday we lose by 50, but that wasn't a good effort

I like this. USC are a bottom-of-the-Top-25 team. I know what those teams are like because it seems like SU fielded a lot of bottom-of-top-25 teams during the P Era. USC can be beaten if SU plays its absolute best.

Uri almost beat us yesterday, that is why they play the game. I just don't know how people can write this game off, this isn't Pete Carroll USC people

They aren't playing like world beaters, using the logic everyone uses here minny almost beat USC, minny lost to new Mex st yesterday, arguably the worst team in 1a. Thus, USC stinks.

I don't buy any of it, that is why we play the game and I think we have a chance if they can patch this o line back togther, give macky a ton of help. Maybe c jones will be back but shafer has to come up with a way to put pressure on barkley.

The reason USC has struggled is they have turned it over. If we play like we did yesterday we lose by 50, but that wasn't a good effort
It's going to be ugly. No reason to expect otherwise. And right now it's not a big deal.

It's going to be ugly. No reason to expect otherwise. And right now it's not a big deal.

If you are writing a game off versus a top 30 team, we are nowhere near as far along as we should be.. USC is not what they use to be and this program is pretty much never going to recover if we keep setting the bar so low.

Marrone needs to quit making excuses for macky and put Trudo in there, we will take lumps but he is the better center long term

Ri
Barrel. can you point to the plays Macky is failing on..

There are too many, the rush comes right over him, if you watch the pass blocking they are constantly helping the kid, he gets beat constantly, he is going to get nassib killed. Do the math we lost one guy on the line and went from functional to disastrous, you tell me who the problem is

no they dont, just watched the whole game twice.. he is not getting that much help.. in fact often there is noone coming up the middle and he is looking to help.. you would be hard pressed to find one rush that came up the middle in this game. the issues are online confusion to me.. they continually miss assignments. but Wake and RI really attacked the run with blitz pressure. I think teams like Rutgers will as well..

Uri almost beat us yesterday, that is why they play the game. I just don't know how people can write this game off, this isn't Pete Carroll USC people

Agree with IB here. People are getting way too caught up with the name on the jersey. USC this year is a top 25-40 type team with two really, really good players in Barkley and Robert Woods. This will be a major test, thats unquestionable. But so was WVU and USF on the road last year and we answered the call.

I think it helps us that they have already have 2 decent home wins under their belt and have a huge game with ASU the week after. Maybe they get caught looking ahead just a bit?

Look, I'm not saying we are going to stomp into the Coliseum and come out with an easy victory but I'm very certain we will go in there and give them a game (atleast for a while).

I really think its comes down to big plays. we need to make a couple and limit theirs.

Agree with IB here. People are getting way too caught up with the name on the jersey. USC this year is a top 25-40 type team with two really, really good players in Barkley and Robert Woods. This will be a major test, thats unquestionable. But so was WVU and USF on the road last year and we answered the call.

I think it helps us that they have already have 2 decent home wins under their belt and have a huge game with ASU the week after. Maybe they get caught looking ahead just a bit?

Look, I'm not saying we are going to stomp into the Coliseum and come out with an easy victory but I'm very certain we will go in there and give them a game (atleast for a while).

They have more than 2 really good players. I would argue that Matt Kalil is the best of the bunch and you didn't even name him. They may not be a top 20 team, but this team has a lot of individual talent.

Now, I agree that we shouldn't pencil this in as a loss, because a lot of individual talent doesn't necessarily translate to a great team, but this team will have the most individual talent of any team we play this year, by far.

USC's DL are some big fast scary dudes.

They didn't have any problems getting through Minnesota's OL.

No injuries, please.

I think our D will look much better against an actual offense, not this goddawful read option , Barkley's a player and let's see how we can do against one of the best.

This is a "house money" game no matter what. SU's players won't face less pressure going into a game for the rest of the season. They have absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain. To the extent we have any fun gadget plays, this is the week to break them out.

This is a "house money" game no matter what. SU's players won't face less pressure going into a game for the rest of the season. They have absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain. To the extent we have any fun gadget plays, this is the week to break them out.

I watched the second half last night and it looks like SC has some nasty defensive players. The Utah QB was running for his life. After seeing RI get continual pressure on Nassib I hope he gets out of the SC game healthy.