People in this town are flipping idiots | Syracusefan.com

People in this town are flipping idiots

Just dumb and a typical Syracuse curmudgeon. Leaves you wondering what is wrong with people.

ofikg.jpg

Geez. The guy is just old. Maybe not chronologically, but mentally. Misses Coach P. Probably has fond memories of the winged-T and the annual rivalry games with Colgate as well.

As a Syracuse native, I feel as though I can say this - Such commentary is what plagues Syracuse. Everything sucks and anything that comes along that could make things better also sucks and why can't everything be like it used to be and why can't everything stay the same and everything sucks.

I bet his first initial isn't really P.

This town is not unique.
I will say Knoxville fans are just as dumb on the opposite end of the spectrum. They stick their head so far into the creamsicle colored sand they always think they're way better than they are and have no clue about anything outside of the SEC.

As a Syracuse native, I feel as though I can say this - Such commentary is what plagues Syracuse. Everything sucks and anything that comes along that could make things better also sucks and why can't everything be like it used to be and why can't everything stay the same and everything sucks.
The real question ought to be "why would that one TROLL letter be featured so prominently"?
I've never understood the mentality of responding to trolls. There's absolutely no benefit to it, and it elevates their negativity to a level it wouldve never reached otherwise.

P. Edward White's Greatest Hits:

Syracuse basketball fans react to self-imposed ban on postseason play (Your letters)

"Well, Syracuse University has done it again, visiting the sins of the past on the students of the present. Everyone I've spoken with has nothing but sympathy for the current players while condemning the administration's actions of a self-imposed penalty of no postseason play. My suggestion is that the fans show their displeasure by boycotting all future home games. I doubt if the players will care but it will hurt SU where they live: in the pocketbook. It will also show that we are united in our displeasure over their selfish decision. To the players: Thanks for another exciting season. To Rak: See you next year in the pros."

Readers weigh in on beautification of Erie Boulevard (Your letters)

"And don't get me started on the "Mistake by the Lake" a/k/a the amphitheater. Fifty plus million dollars on a place which will be used sparingly at best, assuming enough quality acts can be booked. There are only so many acts around and a number of outdoor venues in the upstate area competing for them."

Suggestions for improving the Syracuse Chiefs fan experience: Your letters

"I'm just an old guy whose mind is starting to go and whose synapses don't always fire in the proper sequence...."

My guess is that one of the journos at the paper actually wrote the letter using a former WVU QB's identity as a pen name...is that you Bud?

Never met a click he didn't like ;-)

I'm so happy that "journos" has permanently made it's way into the syracusefan.com lexicon!

I understand the rationale for thinking this way. I don't get why people feel the need to write to the editor about it.

I'm so happy that "journos" has permanently made it's way into the syracusefan.com lexicon!
...thanks to Michael Cohen. That might be the only positive of his short stay at the PS.