People sure are stupid. | Syracusefan.com

People sure are stupid.

rstone7727

All Conference
Forget the half eaten pomegranate sorbet, (worse than crack)... two times I've been asked if I was a drummer and I live in Rochester. :bang:

pearl.jpg

Roch is not an SU town. Amerks, Sabres, Bills, Rhinos and Wings.

My perception is that the larger upstate cities -Albany, Rochester, Buffalo - don't have a huge percentage of the population that follow Syracuse. But when you get into the little towns, it's easy to find a Syracuse fan. It's been years since I lived in the Capital region, but it was easier to find the Syracuse game on in a bar in Copake or Little Falls than it was in the city of Albany.

My perception is that the larger upstate cities -Albany, Rochester, Buffalo - don't have a huge percentage of the population that follow Syracuse. But when you get into the little towns, it's easy to find a Syracuse fan. It's been years since I lived in the Capital region, but it was easier to find the Syracuse game on in a bar in Copake or Little Falls than it was in the city of Albany.
Right percentage-wise. Rochester and Buffalo have a ton of Cuse fans but certainly not nearly as much as Syracuse. I just played ball against a kid from the Albany area. He noticed I put on a Cuse shirt after the game. We had a nice conversation, relating to each other about growing up in New York State and living in the Sanfrancisco Bay Area. Then he told me "yeh, I've always hated Syracuse. Hate them with a passion. I'm a Siena fan". I laughed out loud and pondered. Was there a rivalry before I was born? Did Dave Bing shun an offer from Siena to attend Syracuse? I wonder if he would have noticed if it was a Pearl shirt.

Right percentage-wise. Rochester and Buffalo have a ton of Cuse fans but certainly not nearly as much as Syracuse. I just played ball against a kid from the Albany area. He noticed I put on a Cuse shirt after the game. We had a nice conversation, relating to each other about growing up in New York State and living in the Sanfrancisco Bay Area. Then he told me "yeh, I've always hated Syracuse. Hate them with a passion. I'm a Siena fan". I laughed out loud and pondered. Was there a rivalry before I was born? Did Dave Bing shun an offer from Siena to attend Syracuse? I wonder if he would have noticed if it was a Pearl shirt.
I fondly recall SU putting a monumental beating on Siena in Manley back in the day...

Yup, "Beat Siena Week" was a big deal when I was a frosh on the Mount. It was always a tongue-in-cheek type thingy whereas we vowed to treat the Siena Game like we would a GTown, SJU, or Nova game.
No chance Siena was ever gonna win, but it was kinda fun- in an annoyingly arrogant sorta way, to treat Siena in that manner. As I recall, they didn't take much offence to it at the time, and were kind of in on the joke.

Don't knock it until you try it. I salute rstone7727 for classing up this place.

Have you ever tried to take a picture in the mirror with the camera in your right hand and a half eaten Pomegranate sorbet in your left hand starting to drip on your shoes? Not a piece of cake my friend... :p

Have you ever tried to take a picture in the mirror with the camera in your right hand and a half eaten Pomegranate sorbet in your left hand starting to drip on your shoes? Not a piece of cake my friend... :p
I think you might be the first person to ever do that.

Do you look like this guy, Mark Conti, super-fan, sits courtside? He lives in Rochester, plays drums for a great old bluesman Joe Beard.

View attachment 76081

I do know a guy named Mark Conti but the guy doesn't look like the guy above.. He's married to my wife's 2nd cousin and they live in Canesteo or Hornell I believe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom