Per Teel ACC Tourney could be played at Barclays Center | Syracusefan.com

Per Teel ACC Tourney could be played at Barclays Center

CuseLegacy

Does adding Notre Dame increase the likelihood of the tournament being staged in the Northeast?
Good chance, with the most likely venue the new Barclays Center in Brooklyn, home next season of the NBA’s Nets. The ACC already has accepted bids on the event for 2016-21 and will discuss them at next month’s fall meetings in Boston.

Boston? You mean the ACC doesn't hold every meeting in Providence, RI? I'm confused.

I thought the A10 was doing their conference tourney in the Barclays.

The A 10 is holding its tourney at the Barclays. Not sure how long the deal is.

You come and play in The Mecca, or you dont come at all. Brooklyn...phfff
Brooklyn may be okay for people who live in NYC or on the Island.. but it would not be for anyone else. MSG is so easy for people who take Amtrak or who live in CT, Westchester or New Jersey. Brooklyn, not so much. Plus, it doesnt have the infrastructure of Manhattan, e.g. hotels, restaurants, entertainment. Nah, not a good idea.

Brooklyn may be okay for people who live in NYC or on the Island.. but it would not be for anyone else. MSG is so easy for people who take Amtrak or who live in CT, Westchester or New Jersey. Brooklyn, not so much. Plus, it doesnt have the infrastructure of Manhattan, e.g. hotels, restaurants, entertainment. Nah, not a good idea.

Isn't Barclays going to have the most subway lines running through it of anywhere in NYC? Shouldn't be too much of an issue.

If it's in Brooklyn, everybody can crash at my place.

But as Black Knight points out, you can easily get to Atlantic Ave. via many train lines.

If it's in Brooklyn, everybody can crash at my place.

But as Black Knight points out, you can easily get to Atlantic Ave. via many train lines.
Should we bring towels? Or do you have enough?

I bet these rumblings are to get the attention of the MSG higher ups. "look guys, either you can have us, or we're going to Brooklyn. Have fun with SMU, Houston, etc."

One of the things the BE did right was MSG. The other was Sat. prime time for the championship. That was a HUGE part of making the BE the premier conference. Duke & UNC should push for MSG. I bet UM, VPI & BC would as well.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

One of the things the BE did right was MSG. The other was Sat. prime time for the championship. That was a HUGE part of making the BE the premier conference. Duke & UNC should push for MSG. I bet UM, VPI & BC would as well.

Yeah; how long have they been doing prime time for the title game? As long as I remember, but I only remember back to maybe the mid 90's.

On Selection Sunday you have the SEC and the ACC and the Big 10, plus everyone is excited for selection sunday itself; the ACC final usually gets a little lost in the shuffle. (To me at least)

What would Va Tech know about playing BET games at MSG? They were always one of the two teams left behind. :D

Yeah; how long have they been doing prime time for the title game? As long as I remember, but I only remember back to maybe the mid 90's.

On Selection Sunday you have the SEC and the ACC and the Big 10, plus everyone is excited for selection sunday itself; the ACC final usually gets a little lost in the shuffle. (To me at least)

When the BE was only a 10 team league ... the BET ran Thurs-Sunday (with Thurs being the 7-10 and 8-9 games.)

BET moved to Wed-Sat when it expanded to 13 teams in 1996.

When the BE was only a 10 team league ... the BET ran Thurs-Sunday (with Thurs being the 7-10 and 8-9 games.)

BET moved to Wed-Sat when it expanded to 13 teams in 1996.
Some of us remember when it was an eight team league -- with a concise three-day tourney.

Dating myself, but I remember going to the BE tourney when it was held in Providence. Back when men were men.

We can't bust heads like we used to. But we have our ways. One trick is to tell stories that don't go anywhere. Like the time I caught the ferry to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for m'shoe. So I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt. Which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Gimme five bees for a quarter, you'd say. Now where was I... oh yeah. The important thing was that I had an onion tied to my belt, which was the style at the time. You couldn't get white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones.