Perfect game going into UMD game | Syracusefan.com

Perfect game going into UMD game

qdawgg

Night Biking Enthusiast
MD blew out Howard and is probably feeling pretty good about themselves, maybe even a little complacent this week in practice. If you've ever coached you've seen that attitude in practice when you think you're good and don't need to work on too much, the little things that matter in a game seem like no big deal to the players so they go out the window in practice, players don't go quite as hard, and they lose focus to improve because they just crushed their last opponent.

On the flip side, SU had a lot of good and bad but I'm pretty sure a lot of players, especially on the offense don't feel like the game went the way they expected. I see the players and coaches being really focused this week and I'm not overly worried about this game. I don't know that the offense will necessarily be "in sync", I think this year is going to be up and down with the offense but I expect everyone is going to be on point this week going into the game. One difference between this staff and Shafer is this staff improves and makes adjustments from week to week. I expect a great game this week.

I'm nervous. Heading into the season I thought this would be a pretty easy win. I know Devito will improve but will he be able to improve enough in just one week... I'm not so sure.

MD blew out Howard and is probably feeling pretty good about themselves, maybe even a little complacent this week in practice. If you've ever coached you've seen that attitude in practice when you think you're good and don't need to work on too much, the little things that matter in a game seem like no big deal to the players so they go out the window in practice, players don't go quite as hard, and they lose focus to improve because they just crushed their last opponent.

On the flip side, SU had a lot of good and bad but I'm pretty sure a lot of players, especially on the offense don't feel like the game went the way they expected. I see the players and coaches being really focused this week and I'm not overly worried about this game. I don't know that the offense will necessarily be "in sync", I think this year is going to be up and down with the offense but I expect everyone is going to be on point this week going into the game. One difference between this staff and Shafer is this staff improves and makes adjustments from week to week. I expect a great game this week.
Great game as a win or a great game as a close game

Never look past any team. Maryland at home can easily give us a game and an L. A couple fumbles, a bad sack, a broken coverage and suddenly the game is upside down. I agree that HCDFBs is going to have the we won ugly game 1 and can't do that again against Maryland. No one should be thinking about Clemson except what you want to grill that day. I look forward to Cuse playing relaxed and much sharper in game 2.

It's hard to win on the road and two in a row on the road will be challenging. The coaches will be better prepared, and the defense will make it tough on the turtles. We need Tommy to get in a productive groove and the offense as a whole to make plays. I'm pretty happy with our outing against liberty but more with the defense than the offense. Our STs are superb. Should be a good but winnable game if we can grow as an offense...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom