Perhaps an identity? | Syracusefan.com

Perhaps an identity?

VaBeachOrFan

2nd String
Could this be the identity we were hoping to see this team establish -- a return to the big-time transition game of SU past? If so, great to see it with this excellent crop of shooters. That's not to say the Wisconsins and the South Carolinas of the world won't give SU fits with their precise slowdown defenses, but I hope the team embraces this game as a template for many victories to come. At least it will be entertaining. Thanx, team-VBOF

Really? against BU. BU was obviously outmanned and he have seen that show plenty this season. many on the football side complain about our tough OOC scheduling; maybe JB should play a part in OOC fb scheduling .

I dont think BU is all that great but they did come within a shot of beating uconn and NC st which are teams we need to be better than and we handled them better. if we play uconn 10x we win eight and we have a much higher ceiling.. question is do we ever touch the ceiling this year. its a pretty big leap

I'm really perplexed by Battle. Thought he showed more an all around game in the exhibitions. He's got athleticism but isn't using it. He's playing like Marius Janulis...strictly a spot up shooter who takes almost strictly 3's. I don't get it. He seems to have the athleticism and skill set to get to the basket, get out in transition, handle the ball, and make plays off the dribble.

I mean, with Gillon and Battle we're sure to get regular fast break baskets... right?

We can't get fast break points if we don't get defensive rebounds or steals. Right now a steal is a rare thing and a defensive rebound is a near miracle.

We want to run desperately! The staff would love it and there was an obvious effort to do so. We have two big issues though, right now we cannot get enough rebounds to run and our guards have been very bad at converting when we have been able to run.

I'm really perplexed by Battle. Thought he showed more an all around game in the exhibitions. He's got athleticism but isn't using it. He's playing like Marius Janulis...strictly a spot up shooter who takes almost strictly 3's. I don't get it. He seems to have the athleticism and skill set to get to the basket, get out in transition, handle the ball, and make plays off the dribble.

He's looking, probing and thinking rather than hitting the opening. Some of it is all the zones, some of it is being a freshman and some of it may be that he isn't there yet. I hope he starts using the pull up jumper and is able to use that to get his slashing game going a bit as the season moves forward. He is a much better catch and shoot guy than I figured he's be.

2 fast break points. Of 99!

That is epically pathetic, and in my current state likely the most impactful of any of your useful stats that youve shared over the years. Truth is, I dont remember most of them, like any posts these days lol. Seriously though, those numbers are appalling even if we didn't have expectations of a lot of running. Against better teams, this team needs to improve it's naturalized habits when it comes to tempo. Like my avatar, this season is all about chemistry, because all of the needed elements are present! Will JB and more experience turn this around quickly and help regain his status when it comes to coaching ability? That question is like how many licks in a tootsie pop, except this is something I really care about learning the answer. I think there is the potential in a couple of players to have an in season "jump", like the types usually reserved for off-season talk.

That is epically pathetic, and in my current state likely the most impactful of any of your useful stats that youve shared over the years. Truth is, I dont remember most of them, like any posts these days lol. Seriously though, those numbers are appalling even if we didn't have expectations of a lot of running. Against better teams, this team needs to improve it's naturalized habits when it comes to tempo. Like my avatar, this season is all about chemistry, because all of the needed elements are present! Will JB and more experience turn this around quickly and help regain his status when it comes to coaching ability? That question is like how many licks in a tootsie pop, except this is something I really care about learning the answer. I think there is the potential in a couple of players to have an in season "jump", like the types usually reserved for off-season talk.

He doesn't have to regain any status when it comes to coaching ability. He just needs time to use that ability. And the players have to respond. I think they will.

It doesn't seem like he can handle the ball comfortably in traffic yet.

He doesn't have to regain any status when it comes to coaching ability. He just needs time to use that ability. And the players have to respond. I think they will.

Youre correct, I think at the moment I was focusing more on my own subjective view of Boeheim, which at times is effected by this board. Objectively I agree with everything you said(including that the will respond...and in addition possibly allow Boeheim to illustrate his worth far more than some of the recent teams that overall were more straightforward(not being able to Boeheim Roberson, etc). LGO!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom