Perhaps the stars have aligned | Syracusefan.com

Perhaps the stars have aligned

storange

2023 Cali Award Rushing Touchdowns
for the end of the season. Ga Tech has the worst rushing defense in the conference ( facing our new “Orange is the new Black ………. Knights”) offense. WF looks pretty hapless and we have them home. Go Orange !

for the end of the season. Ga Tech has the worst rushing defense in the conference ( facing our new “Orange is the new Black ………. Knights”) offense. WF looks pretty hapless and we have them home. Go Orange !
GT will put an athletic spy on Villari. I hope Beck et. al.can come up with the right counter-moves, since this seemed to shut down the O thru that miserable losing streak.

If the Wildcat was so effective with Villari running it, why couldn’t Shrader have been doing this weeks ago? They are basically the same person out there. Although Villari’s feet looked a little quicker.

GT will put an athletic spy on Villari. I hope Beck et. al.can come up with the right counter-moves, since this seemed to shut down the O thru that miserable losing streak.
No doubt losing the element of surprise will be a factor.

But GT is last in the ACC in rushing defense. They are 129th out of 130 teams in rushing defense.

This is not a good matchup for them having to deal with three good runners.

I think there is a good chance Syracuse can move the ball and score points against GT. They are 127th in the country in total defense.

The problem is, GT has a very good offense. They are 22nd in the country in total offense. They can run it and pass it. Very good offense. Very bad defense.

If thewe stats mean anything, it will be a high scoring game. Our defense has to do a decent job stopping them for us to have a chance.

SU surprised Pitt, this might not work so well when teams have a week or two to game plan for it.

Don’t know if we can outscore GT but we can beat Wake. They are bad, no offense at all. Shouldn’t save Dino’s job if we do but 6-6 is feasible

I don't think referencing GTs rushing stats is really going to determine the game or matchup there are probably a couple outlier games where a good RB which the ACC has plenty of just absolutely gashed them. Went to Ole Miss who runs all over everyone.

Their 'last place' rushing D also gets a week to prepare against a team that isn't going to throw it much if at all.

This is a tough game they beat UNC and Miami. Wake is the weakest they have been since we started playing them annually but still isn't 1-6 in the ACC bad. They are due for a late season ACC win. Just have to hope they play great vs ND and come out flat vs us.

A Spy works to stop a QB from scrambling. It won't help in this case. That being said GA Tech will have a plan to stop it.

Hopefully they can shake a little of the rust off his arm and get a little more of a threat of passing if needed
I mean DV did play QB for most of his playing career, so you'd like to think he could complete 4 or 5 short passes on quick routes or WR screens and at least be able to ATTEMPT one or two deep balls - if only to keep the D honest. I would have to think developing the passing phase of the DV Wildcat package is gonna be a primary focus in practice this week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom