Petar is gonna get minutes | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Petar is gonna get minutes

When I saw that Petar committed and it said he is a Serb who has developed his game in France I was immediately curious and a little excited. Then I watched some video online and his game seemed to be what one would expect with that background - skilled, well coached and plays with a high hoops IQ. I think he is motivated, and I feel like he will get run and play well.

Davis looks like a decent rebounder.

He got a couple out of area rebounds I don't think anybody else could have. He really didn't go down low offensively at all, but it seemed like Red prioritized Petar, Freeman, and Taylor above him. Could easily be the opposite in the next game. I dont think we know what have here yet.

He got a couple out of area rebounds I don't think anybody else could have. He really didn't go down low offensively at all, but it seemed like Red prioritized Petar, Freeman, and Taylor above him. Could easily be the opposite in the next game. I dont think we know what have here yet.
imagine a team that used a different starting lineup every game...no one really does that in basketball

but it would make scouting and prep for opponents very difficult

this may be a roster that could employ such an approach

imagine a team that used a different starting lineup every game...no one really does that in basketball

but it would make scouting and prep for opponents very difficult

this may be a roster that could employ such an approach
I didnt watch Red's presser yet. Did anybody ask him why he went with that starting lineup up?

When I saw that Petar committed and it said he is a Serb who has developed his game in France I was immediately curious and a little excited. Then I watched some video online and his game seemed to be what one would expect with that background - skilled, well coached and plays with a high hoops IQ. I think he is motivated, and I feel like he will get run and play well.
Detroit Tigers Smile GIF by Bally Sports Detroit

I didnt watch Red's presser yet. Did anybody ask him why he went with that starting lineup up?
I don't think he explicitly said why he went with that particular starting lineup. But he did say that he wants to use the exhibitions to try out lots of different lineup combos, and that the next one will likely have a different starting lineup. He really wants to play around with things to see what works well against actual competition rather than just in practice, given all the new pieces.

As asj410 noted, Red talked about trying different rotations and skill set combinations. Smart move given the versatility some of these guys have. I think this group will be able score and play at pace. But Red is going to need to find some combos with guys that can defend and board. That might be a role for guys like Davis.

I don't think he explicitly said why he went with that particular starting lineup. But he did say that he wants to use the exhibitions to try out lots of different lineup combos, and that the next one will likely have a different starting lineup. He really wants to play around with things to see what works well against actual competition rather than just in practice, given all the new pieces.
I like this.

I like this.

Ditto. The goal is to win … hands down. It’s not to pander to anyone. Red could have gone out and just got a big like Patterson who watches from the bench and is a body in practice and instead he got a talented kid who can compete for a role right away. Just as he could have waited on Chance and not gone after Taylor.

I was concerned about his age but he seems older. A pleasant surprise for sure.

Those were the five who so far have best fulfilled their NIL commitments.
Is this a one liner or a serious comment?

It doesn't surprise me if college kids need a little guidance to fulfill their obligations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom