Petrino's worst moment last night | Syracusefan.com

Petrino's worst moment last night

Eric15

Living Legend
After their kicker missed a short field goal which would have put them up 17, Petrino just verbally undressed him, as if he was somehow not trying his hardest. Not only is it a ridiculous thing to do to a college kicker, why would you possibly want to make them stiff and nervous for his next kick?

He's awful.

He is a douche don't get me wrong, but if my kicker missed an easy fg like that, I would be mad too.

Are we still doing this? After that ass-whooping Petrino can do what he wants- I'm sure he could care less what SU fans think of his coaching style.
If we wanna shut him up or call hm out, we need to actually BEAT him. Otherwise, his answer to any petulant whining is all of one word...SCOREBOARD!

We're not going to beat anyone that's any good unless our recruiting classed stop being in the 50's. We aren't going to start competing until we get top 25 classes.
We're haven't even dented the talent gap between us and the rest of the ACC. When you recruit at the BC and WF level, they're the only two teams you'll consistently beat. That is who we are. The talent discrepancy last night was cavernous.

He lit the QB up a couple times yesterday too. You know the guy that threw for 400 yards and ran for 200.

Are we still doing this? After that ass-whooping Petrino can do what he wants- I'm sure he could care less what SU fans think of his coaching style.
If we wanna shut him up or call hm out, we need to actually BEAT him. Otherwise, his answer to any petulant whining is all of one word...SCOREBOARD!

I know I'll stand by my ascertions that he's a douche. The final score won't change that

DoctorBombay said:
Are we still doing this? After that ass-whooping Petrino can do what he wants- I'm sure he could care less what SU fans think of his coaching style. If we wanna shut him up or call hm out, we need to actually BEAT him. Otherwise, his answer to any petulant whining is all of one word...SCOREBOARD!

Naw. You can be a good coach and a huge douche. It's okay to acknowledge both.

I suppose he could've just shrugged his shoulders and mouthed to the OC...'who gives a flying F?? It's just the idiot kicker and 3 points'.

But he decided to let him know they were counting on him, to not think he couldnt be replaced...and that, that kick,...was a necessary part of the drive for a W.

He is proof that personality and all the family bs and i want my son to play for a good person is so rediculous. He recruits great and these kids and their parents are only worried about one thing: getting to the show. Cant imagine this tool being a fun dinner guest in the home of a recruit. As the parent of a recruit, i would tell this doushe to meet us at the local Starbucks.

I suppose he could've just shrugged his shoulders and mouthed to the OC...'who gives a flying F?? It's just the idiot kicker and 3 points'.

But he decided to let him know they were counting on him, to not think he couldnt be replaced...and that, that kick,...was a necessary part of the drive for a W.
I wanted to slap Petrinos smug face 100 times and his azzclown son's face another 100. Is that bad?

You don't need to beat his football team to call him out for being a scumbag and a bad human being.

So, is it okay to call him out on his horrible behavior if SU beats Louisville?

our fan base should send handwritten thank you notes to Petrino. he could have really ran up the score.

To Quote Jerry Seinfeld in the Finale, " Your not writing any notes"

Honestly, I thought it was poor spotsmanship when

1. Jackson literally walked into the end zone untouched showboating the whole time. This happened on at least two scores iirc. One time he even purposely slowed up. Petrino did not indicate disapproval. If I'm coach my players will be instructed to take a penalty and lay that man out if he does it again.

2. Faking injury strategy. Couldn't have been more obvious. And they were pretty happy with themselves that they got away with it. If I'm coach I'm calling Petrino and staff and the refs for it and embracing the fines.

I guess these would classify as bad moments rather than his worst moment but the combination of these two things makes me dislike Petrino/Louisville. I could care less about his personal shenanigans.

Woodchuck said:
our fan base should send handwritten thank you notes to Petrino. he could have really ran up the score.

When? He was livid in the 3rd at the FG kicker because he wanted to be up 17. In the 4th? They scored a bunch of garbage points.

Honestly, I thought it was poor spotsmanship when

1. Jackson literally walked into the end zone untouched showboating the whole time. This happened on at least two scores iirc. One time he even purposely slowed up. Petrino did not indicate disapproval. If I'm coach my players will be instructed to take a penalty and lay that man out if he does it again.

2. Faking injury strategy. Couldn't have been more obvious. And they were pretty happy with themselves that they got away with it. If I'm coach I'm calling Petrino and staff and the refs for it and embracing the fines.

I guess these would classify as bad moments rather than his worst moment but the combination of these two things makes me dislike Petrino/Louisville. I could care less about his personal shenanigans.
Jackson needs to be smart there and protect himself by making the play and getting off the field. It just takes one idiot hothead (looking at you Central Michigan) to decide he doesn't appreciate the showboating to decide the penalty is worth giving a lovetap to open up a door to all kinds of dangerous things.

Baby Petrino will get his, at some point, and, on that day, there will be a celebration here because a Dino Babers coached Orange team will be the team putting the hurting on him.

giphybaby.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom