Class of 2019 - PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
In his 4 games for Mass Rivals in the Adidas Gauntlet he averaged...
7.3 points, 2.3 rebounds, 1.0 assists, 2.5 blocks, 0.0 steals, 16.8 PER
Shot a disappointing 26.3% from the field (10 for 38), 77.8% from the line, and an even more disappointing 8.7% from three (2 for 23).

Aiming for Akok's 2 later games (or at least the late Mass Rivals game). His first one is at the same time as Guerrier's, so I'll likely miss all or most of it...
Screenshot_20180428-034157.jpg

Akok must not have made the trip to Atlanta. He didn't play in either of the Mass Rivals games that I saw today. And he didn't play Friday night either

Two Crystal Balls posted for him tonight, and they were both for us.

Not a big fan of his game. Rather we looked elsewhere.

I'm not sure how I feel about him yet...I dont think there is enough out there to make a good judgement. Sometimes he has some good games and other times it seems he disappears in games. I love that he is tall and long yet has good ball handling skills. Seems to shoot the 3 decent and is a pretty good shot blocker. I think he's the perfect "type" of player we recruit for our system but I want guys that can put the ball in the hoop consistently! I'm tired of watching good athletes that can't score. I guess I'm on the fence a bit with akok.

I snuck over to see Cole Anthony (PSA Cards) play for a few minutes. They were losing to Team Takeover, but I really enjoy watching him play. He finished with 29 points, 7 assists, 3 rebounds, and 3 steals. Now you are probably wondering why am I posting about CA in this thread...

And this is why... I spotted Akok Akok also playing for PSA Cards. Looked up his stats from last night's game.. he was the second leading scorer with 9 (1-1 from 3pt.) and added 2 blocks. Maybe this is why I didn't see him 2 weeks ago on the Adidas Circuit.

I have come away very impressed in watching Akok Akok in person this weekend. Good looking shot and range that he makes with consistency. He runs the floor well. Excellent and quick leaper. Always seems to be in the mix of the defensive end. If he isn't blocking a shot, he is changing it... or getting a deflection in the passing lanes. He would look great on the bottom of the zone. I see why GMac has been pushing this recruitment.

I wish this guy was available for 2018. He's a very good player, but less likely, IMO, to be snatched up by a blue blood. In that respect, I think he's more realistic than some of the other guys we're pursuing.

Status
Not open for further replies.