Class of 2019 - PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deano

All American
I recall seeing something in the Ayala thread about Cuse monitoring this kid. Just found a tweet with some video in it and he's pretty damn impressive. Slick Rick just offered over the weekend.

Holy long arms Batman. He is gangly but coordinated. I bet he will be something in a couple of years.

Looks like Dikembe Motumbo out there. Great timing on the blocks. A natural.

I saw him play on Putnam with Ayala this year and he immediately stands out with his build and how fluid he moves. Then when I saw how young he was I figured it was only a matter of time until he blew up and end up playing at a high level P5.

Putnam was loaded. They had another huge body, Kentrevious Jones, who moved pretty well that was committed to Xavier. They seem to do well with getting those big bodied kids and teaching them post moves and turning them into good post presence over their career. I think he'll end up being a really good player for them in time.

Most impressive kid that day for Putnam was a big named Malik Ondigo. He was the best player on the floor that particular day - again just saying for that particular day. Was very competitive and locked in, had some put backs, hit a couple 15 footers, very very active around the rim on both ends. Was effective switching on guards out on the perimeter and could move his feet pretty well and use his length to keep them from penetrating. Matt Painter was there watching and I know liked him a lot.

Akok left Brewster for Putnam Science Academy last summer, so he is about to start his 2nd year at PSA...

IMG_20171104_031411.jpg

6'8 with a 7'3 wing span and an 8'11 standing reach that protects basket and knocks down the three at a high rate.

Last edited:
Akok's name is a nightmare compared to the fun we could have with Majur Majak... I wish we could combine Akok's game with Majak's name... that would be amazing! ;)

I recall seeing something in the Ayala thread about Cuse monitoring this kid. Just found a tweet with some video in it and he's pretty damn impressive. Slick Rick just offered over the weekend.

Kind of reminds me of bad old Reggie Williams of Georgetown, back in the day.

Hearing we are making progress on AKOK, not thrilled with it is an understatement, there are 2 other potentials for 18, nothing close though, Gerry on this.

Hearing we are making progress on AKOK, not thrilled with it is an understatement, there are 2 other potentials for 18, nothing close though, Gerry on this.
Are you saying that you're not thrilled with him as a prospect?

I appreciate your willingness to share info but, I must say, the wording of your posts is often hard to decipher. No disrespect meant.

Last edited:
Man, I thought I was coming into here to say something different the the usual ho hum, but there's far more of that than the ho hum!

Anyhow, maybe Donna Ditota could settle things down on this thread by writing another article where the players say their names on a video. I think that was one of her most memorable pieces.

I wonder if a team could play well with Akok and Bols on the floor at the same time?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors