Class of 2019 - PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
So those poster have already been wrong? Wow shocking. Anyways. We’ll get our visit and for awhile we were considered favorites. Maybe now getting him back on campus will make that happen again. However I’m curious, if Akok were to go to UCONN whete would Precious end up?

Dude get over it. We lost a recuit to Herb Sendeck once. It’s recruiting. Sht happens sometimes.
Exactly.
Just don’t get the meltdown angle to this, whether it’s UConn or anybody else. Folks weren’t doing backflips when we landed OB and especially Marek last year, yet I’d take those two guys over anyone on UConn’s board. Trust the staff w/ their talent evals and leave it at that.
And as for the “we should never lose a recruit to UConn” nonsense- stop, just stop. Hurley is a good young coach, w/ NE connections and a famous name. UConn made a good hire, someone who actually wanted to be there, and are likely to reap the benefits. Their conference is a hindrance, but if Hurley can get them to the dance consistently, then they’ll remain a viable factor.
We’ll see if that happens down the road, but this wringing of hands over recruits is unbecoming and smacks of classic SIS- “Syracuse Insecurity Syndrome”.
Some folks here need to chill the f out. Sheesh. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Is this really a huge loss if Cuse doesn't get him. Marek and Hughes will be the starter with Braswell and Buddy as backups. I am more concerned about finding someone capable of startjng at center in 19-20. I have no confidence in Sidibe's knee. Getting Akok would be like getting a Mercedes when you already have a nice Audi.

Is this really a huge loss if Cuse doesn't get him. Marek and Hughes will be the starter with Braswell and Buddy as backups. I am more concerned about finding someone capable of startjng at center in 19-20. I have no confidence in Sidibe's knee. Getting Akok would be like getting a Mercedes when you already have a nice Audi.
Look man, we're trying to get JB a second championship.

Maybe having to play some center is a negative for SU imo.

It has been posted multiple times in this thread and others that part of UConns strategy is to talk up and exaggerate where they are at with high ranking recruits they are trying to land. It creates buzz in the media and with other recruits and it can sow confusion with other staffs recruiting the same kids. It’s also been said many times let’s wait until he visits and see where we stand. I have absolutely no worries about this right now wait and see mode.

Last edited:
I've spent some time today on the UCONN site (the boneyard) and saw the two endorsements from Matrim55 and BFieldhusky of AA "verballing" to UCONN. After analyzing what they both posted (all posts in the AA thread) i find zero times when the spoke to the recruit or family member. I also dont see them saying this verbal was related to them from a UCONN coach. Its possible that one of these guys is a coach or knowledgeable but it seems more like conjecture.

Ironically the posts from Friday until about 10:46am today all indicate they feel they are losing Akok and the visit and "First night" was a disaster or are talking about the Red Sox game. To be blunt I am more confident in Isiah Stewart coming to Syracuse based on his "hey i'm home and its Saturday with nothing else to do so i will visit Syracuse" official than i am solely on this guy Matrim55 saying they got a verbal. Again my outlook will change if Matrim55 is closely affiliated with the staff or AA family but it doesn't seem as if thats the case from what i have heard digging around and talking to my UCONN friends alum. I dont believe it BUT i will watch to see if he cancels. That would corroborate BFieldhusky statement.

I could write a novel on why Syracuse should not lose Akok AND Wahab to UCONN but didn't think it would be appreciated.

Wouldn’t be appreciated because you have no idea what you are talking about.

When you say we should get any individual over another school you lose all credibility. Each individual decision is exactly that, an individual decision.

Now at the end of the recruiting cycle if you want to criticize the class and say we should have a better overall class that’s another thing.

Wouldn’t be appreciated because you have no idea what you are talking about.

When you say we should get any individual over another school you lose all credibility. Each individual decision is exactly that, an individual decision.

Now at the end of the recruiting cycle if you want to criticize the class and say we should have a better overall class that’s another thing.

Jazz has already written that novel. Well, it's more like a pamphlet.
It's a serial piece, and he's been posting it here for years now. :p

How desperate do you have to be to say he committed if you’re a uconn fan lol

Should we really be surprised that posts like that exist on any fan board?

Pick ANY thread at random on our recruiting board and there will be several irrational, orange colored, wish fulfillment, and yes even desperate "I hope this is true" type posts. Sometimes all in the same post by a single poster.

Status
Not open for further replies.