Class of 2021 - PF Brandon Huntley-Hatfield (PA) | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 PF Brandon Huntley-Hatfield (PA)

What we need to get out of our heads is how much we won’t pay players because if that is our mentality we will not be in the NCAA safely every year and instead be losing millions of more dollars for not investing in our men’s basketball team. Lost Weistman and seems like all deflated on basketball side because of our chancellor

What we need to get out of our heads is how much we won’t pay players because if that is our mentality we will not be in the NCAA safely every year and instead be losing millions of more dollars for not investing in our men’s basketball team. Lost Weistman and seems like all deflated on basketball side because of our chancellor

They’re busy prepping for the sweet 16 and snagging visits, while we have nothing on the books yet? Sheesh. In red I trust I will say, but I like belief WITH evidence. (Sorry dino)

It is starting to get concerning how much we need to be in the portal for quality players and how little our name is being dropped by players.
I mean I'm with you and if it goes on much longer I'll be concerned, but also I'm confident Red knows we need a very good center and pg at the very least. So, my best guess is that he's working behind the scenes with people who aren't even in the portal yet, and they'll enter once an agreement in principle is made. Seems to be the way of things now.

Its hard to say till things shake out. Some of these kids are entering the portal with a destination in mind and some with agreements in principle already in place. It does seem like the NCAA should push off the portal to after the tourney, but then you would likely just get a bunch of kids already committed behind the scenes.

They’re busy prepping for the sweet 16 and snagging visits, while we have nothing on the books yet? Sheesh. In red I trust I will say, but I like belief WITH evidence. (Sorry dino)
This kid is from Tennessee. I expect him to end up at a southern school.

Please no on him. He knows nothing about winning and what it takes. He very seldom forced his will in a game. He’s one of those players that looks good but never really does much to determine a game. Fundamentally poor. He plays slow motion during most of a game. This will be his third team. That should tell you all you need to know. He’s just not a winning player.

Please no on him. He knows nothing about winning and what it takes. He very seldom forced his will in a game. He’s one of those players that looks good but never really does much to determine a game. Fundamentally poor. He plays slow motion during most of a game. This will be his third team. That should tell you all you need to know. He’s just not a winning player.
Agreed!

Agreed!
He did play at Tennessee, and it is hard to blame any of the athletes who were coached by Payne the man was a disaster as a coach. I just wonder about his effort. Of course he looked good against us. Frankly if they kept going to him they would have won the game.

I don’t understand our snails pace after the year ended three weeks ago. Nobody wanted to go to NiT but no movement?
chillax

do you want all the spots filled as quickly as possible?

OR

do you want the right players brought in?

I wish we had news too...but all I care about is that they get the right players for this team and roster...and there's still PLENTY of time

What exactly do we have to offer here? This isn’t as easy as you think.
Wait, are you saying you don’t think Syracuse has much to offer as a program? Or we don’t have much to offer BHH specifically?

Last edited:
It is starting to get concerning how much we need to be in the portal for quality players and how little our name is being dropped by players.
There are like a bajillion guys in the portal. You don't think we're working on some guys?

There are like a bajillion guys in the portal. You don't think we're working on some guys?

I do but when kids are being asked who is been in contact with they aren't mentioning our name. Maybe we are working the kids that the national reporters and stuff aren't asking but the upper tier guys aren't dropping the name Syracuse when they are asked who has been in contact since entering the portal.

Wait, are you saying you don’t think Syracuse has much to offer? Or we don’t have much to offer BHH?

Hey BHH!

You’re a 4 playing the 5 outta necessity on a mediocre team.

How’d you like to come play the 5 outta necessity on another mediocre team?

Yeah, I’m sure we’ll hafta bar the Dome doors to keep this dude from committing to an opportunity like that!!

Well what exactly can we offer him?
I guess if you are asking this question then we are in a lot of trouble. It means we don’t know how much NIL we have to spend on players portaging which means we won’t be competitive. I’m sure I’m wrong with this assessment, but these players want dollar signs so if we can’t offer him that and he’s not a world blazer than how can we be competitive with some of the top players in the portal to field an elite basketball team?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom