Class of 2019 - PF/C Dimon Carrigan (MA/JUCO) to FIU then WVU | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF/C Dimon Carrigan (MA/JUCO) to FIU then WVU

Just to clarify we probably wouldn’t have been involved if we didn’t do our due diligence. It doesn’t mean it’s going to be peaches and cream but I trust the staff is taking a chance and feel it would work out

You have no idea how bad a statement that is. The wrong kid can kill a program. From NCAA to public scorn. Recruit good kids.

I haven't seen anything negative about him off the court at this point other than his grades. Just curious as to what I am missing?

Carrigan to play with Sadibe would be a really great thing to have. They will make each other way better in practice. I am all good if we can do this. I think without knowing Jb is taking first one to commit unless someone knows otherwise and can throw us a hint without saying anything.

I wonder if there is a push to land a true center to show Stewart he will be a 4, and not a 5, here, should he come.

Is Chewy staying his extra year since he has been granted that? If so, why would this young man go to SU? I'd have to think that would be a big factor on his decision unless he's going to play 4.

Is Chewy staying his extra year since he has been granted that? If so, why would this young man go to SU? I'd have to think that would be a big factor on his decision unless he's going to play 4.
We need him to stay.

Pretty sure Chewy has not been granted a 6th year. He's just eligible to apply. He said he's not sure if he even wants to apply for one and even if he does it's no lock the NCAA would approve it.

Please. You haven't even seen Sidibe play yet this year. Maybe theres a reason guys don't want to sit behind him.
Sid will always have Tendinitis issues as it is Chronic. I want Chewy back

Sid will always have Tendinitis issues as it is Chronic. I want Chewy back

We don't know this. The success rate of tendonitis surgery is 80 percent at least. Look it up.

We don't know this. The success rate of tendonitis surgery is 80 percent at least. Look it up.

I think you're both right. Tendinitis is an inflammatory condition. It is often chronic. Surgery can correct an issue with tendinitis , but the definition of "successful" when calculating success rates is vague. For example, if the surgery benefits the player for three years is that defined as successful?

Statistics can be inflated because no one wants to undergo surgery unless the surgery is considered worth it. The funding of such studies also makes reliability questionable. Furthermore, the surgery does not address the root cause of why the person developed tendinitis in the first place.

So what does this mean for Sidibe? It means he may do quite well post surgery. It also means that he could develop the issue in another joint. Inflammation can be caused by a multitude of factors, including dietary factors, processed foods, etc. So unless you address these factors, it is possible to have a recurrence or have it show up someplace else.

I hope like heck the surgery can be successful for him because I think he's exhibited a lot of talent, and we need his contributions.

More info:

Aggravating factors for tendinitis include hyper-acidity. Acidity can foster the development of tendinitis and/or slow the healing process. Acidic foods tend to bind with alkaline substances like calcium and magnesium in the body, at which point they are eliminated to prevent tissue irritation.

In so doing, they remove from the bones and muscles some of the nutrients they need to stay healthy, making them more fragile and brittle.

A diet that fosters the accumulation of uric acid includes large quantities of caffeine, meat, processed foods (white flour, white sugar, artificial colours and additives), animal fat, dairy products, eggs, citrus fruits, tomatoes, potatoes, peppers, alcohol, soft drinks and salt. ***Someone from another country like Africa that is not used to the processed foods we consume here in the states can be more susceptible. That is what I'd be examining with Sidibe if I were his physician.***

Last edited:
Honestly I don’t know. I’ve never done it and my clientele is a little ...different from Bourama Sidibe.

I’m going to have to look it up.

As a physician wouldn't you agree with this:

Aggravating factors for tendonitis include hyper-acidity. Acidity can foster the development of tendonitis and/or slow the healing process. Acidic foods tend to bind with alkaline substances like calcium and magnesium in the body, at which point they are eliminated to prevent tissue irritation.

In so doing, they remove from the bones and muscles some of the nutrients they need to stay healthy, making them more fragile and brittle.

A diet that fosters the accumulation of uric acid includes large quantities of caffeine, meat, processed foods (white flour, white sugar, artificial colours and additives), animal fat, dairy products, eggs, citrus fruits, tomatoes, potatoes, peppers, alcohol, soft drinks and salt.

I maintain that someone from another country (like Africa) that is not used to the processed foods we consume here in the states can be more susceptible. That is what I'd be examining with Sidibe if I were his physician.***

Last edited: